Stairlifts

Posted , 1 user is following.

i can't rememb who it was mentioned stair lifts but I've just remembered what I meant to say! Gotta love the brain fog! If you need a stair lift and live in the UK join Freecycle or it may be called Freegle where you are. People often advertise them on there, they usually say left hand or right hand for a turn in the stairs, some even offer to fit them. You may even have a handyman service in your area who use volunteers with different skills and they will fit it for you. At some point I will remember the name of that service too but don't hold your breath!

gentle hugs. (I've got my painkillers yeaaaa)

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi shelagh glad youve got your pain killers. I am after a stair lift, as struggling with stairs now. I had some 1 from able world come out give me a quote. It would take quiet a bit of saving for me to get 1. I will have a look on freecycle as youve surjested. take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

Is it Manchester you live Kaz or am I thinking of someone else? Sign up to Freecycle, get the emails and keep watch for them, we get quite a lot in Cumbria. I think they are probably taken out of houses of deceased relatives but they are free. When we bought this house last year it had all the grab rails etc I need, sadly they'd taken out the stairlift but the electrics are still there if I need to get one.

have a great weekend Kaz, painfree hopefully.  Hugs

• Posted

Hi shelagh I live in telford shropshire, I think we may have a local recycle Im going to look it up take care hun hope your having a good weekend take care gentle hugsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.