Staples out .. A cheery tale to make you smile

Posted , 8 users are following.

Staples out today and the nurse asks would I like to keep them ?

Excuse me ?

Well some people make jewellery out of them .. And other bits

Really ?

Yes someone made a gallstone necklace ...

Who do you think we are , the Adams family ???

Exit nurse chortling .....

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That's so funny! Endless things to do with staples.... Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Posted

YUK, I had my gall bladder removed 6 weeks before I had my hips replaced and the last thing I would have wanted is that in a jar!!!  

​I did not have staples but my husband has had them 3 times and never would have considered keeping them.

​Now these are removed you will feel freerer but you may need to rub something over the scars..... nothing to perfumed though.

Good luck on wards and up wards xx

• Posted

I asked my surgeon if I could keep the bone parts he cut out of my hip. Just wanted to see what they looked like.

He said no.

• Posted

Just read your comment...get out of my head!!! Almost exactly what I wrote. 😛😛

• Posted

I asked my doctor if I could have the bone that was cut out....he said nope. 😏😛😏😛😏. Don't think I want my staples - if they were gold maybe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.