Started Evorel Sequi patches today - Fingers crossed!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I have started my hrt journey today!, after much thought and waying up of pros and cons decided to give it a try. My doctor has told me that the risk for me on hrt is slightly less as i am under 50, just turned 47.

I am 4 months into the menopause, if i can get relief from my nite sweats, hot flushes, sore joints-elbows, fingers etc and snappy/irritable/low mood i will be more than pleased??!!!

I did enquire with my doctor about bio identical hrt as i read about it (and researched it too myself) on this forum. She said she had read a bit about it but it wasnt available, in case this was a money saving excuse i also asked at the pharmacy, they said they had never heard of it??!! Unless it just isnt available here yet?, im in Northern Ireland.

It would be lovely to hear from any ladies who have experience of this patch or hrt in general, length of time to take effect?, side effects etc?, good or bad experiences!

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this

Angela

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela

im on the same patch of HRT. I've been on it for 9 weeks. 

Generally I feel so much better, not so down, I'm sleeping through, not so anxious, limbs don't ache so much and have got some get up and go back thank goodness.

The only things I've noticed is my cycle seems to be shorter ever 3 weeks but hopefully that will settle down and my skin seems a lot dryer!! But I can cope with these things. It's fantastic not to feel so crap......fingers crossed it

carries on let me know how you go on X 

• Posted

Hi deb thanks for the reply, its great that the patch has worked for u, im sure u are so glad to have got some relief from your symptoms!! My hands have went mega dry but as u say the dry skin and shorter cycles u can handle, good to get relief from the rest. I hope it works as well for me, will just have to give it a few weeks and see how it goes.

Hope things continue to improve for you, i'll let u know how i go. Take care, Ange, x

• Posted

I was on these for 12 months they made my head feel like it swelled up funny feeling also they gave me like episodes like I was going to have a seizure they also stopped my periods completely everyone reacts very different on HRT to you may well be ok on them been of them now for 3 months and the funny head feeling is slowly going I'm now on menosil and Paxil so hopefully the anxiety will calm down soon take care x
    • Posted

Hi it definitely wasnt the right hrt for you, glad u r on to s'thing else now, hope it helps with ur symptoms and continues to improve over time. I'll just have to see how i go over the next few weeks. Take care, x.
  • Posted

Can I ask those ladies that have bn on the patches got a while did u put on any weight whilst on them? ☺☺
  • Posted

Congrats angela65121! Hope you have wonderful results with your hrt. I am kind of surprised that the bioidentical version isn't available there as it is here. (US) I started bioidentical progesterone in January and had almost immediate positive results. I'm thinking I'll probably start the bioidentical estrogen soon because I have symptoms of low estrogen too. (frequent urinary tract infections, painful intercouse, joint pain) But so far I'm very happy with the results and hope you are too!
    • Posted

Hi yeah i was pretty disappointed that i couldnt get the bioidentical, thinking it was a money saving move by my go thats why i asked at the pharmacy and they hadnt even heard of it!!! I hope it works well for me although already i have bad bloating, could be mistaken for being in early pregnancy!!, haha. Hope ur journey continues to go well for you.
    • Posted

Most pharmacies haven't or don't do it. You have to look up compounding pharmacies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.