started lexapro and getting severe anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i started Lexapro 2 days ago and am getting severe anxiety. i didnt sleep at all last night fighting thr panic. dont know whether to continue. was taking 10 mg dr dropped it to 5mg today and added xanax. Help?? scared to carry on with it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, that's part of the process, unfortunately, they say a week or so and it should be getting better! Hang tough, it's really great once it all comes together!
  • Posted

Hi, maybe ask doc to start you on 5mg and work up to 10mg? Also, makes some people sleepy (me) and taken before bed, while in others it can cause wakefulness and best taken in morning. Hope this helps smile
  • Posted

Hi start Lower I couldn't handle 10 so started on 5 increases symptoms to start all u can do is ride it out it's not easy I know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.