Started taking Levothyroxine 6 weeks ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

The tablets have helped me a lot.  Before taking them, I was depressed, very forgetful and could not concentrate for more that five minutes.  I swet constantly, pains in my throat, fuzzy head, aching joints to name a few.  However, although some of these symptoms come and go, sleeping is a major problem.  Has anyone else experience sleeping problems while on these tablets.  Your comment will be appreciated.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I will say after 7 months on this med that I asked after three months to be taken off of....I am doing so much better on armour.....The symptoms start slow to develop with levothyroxine....I personally would not take it any longer...It will ruin your health and cause lasting damage.....good luck....
  • Posted

In what way did it ruin your health?
    • Posted

Hi...This med slowly caused me to become bedridden after seven months of being on it.  I could no longer do things that I could and began to lose my mobility and being way too weak. I had to stop walking the lake due to pain in my joints and stiffening of my limbs. I should have been getting better after 7 months....but I was not. Now I have Hashimotos thyroiditis and when you have that you develop food intolerances. One of them being to Gluten. Too much Gluten causes a lot of pain.  Levothyroxine is made with Gluten. So I was getting so much Gluten in my system. Not only from the food I eat but from my med also. I have slowly began to regain the strength and the stamina I lost taking the levothyroxine. I no longer feel the extra weight on my shoulders when I moved with that med. I can get up without assistance. I felt like I was literally dying. I was in bed most all day when taking that med....Now I am on the Armour and feel better and have more energy. I am able to do things that were stopped when taking thyroxine. I can now walk too.....much better...I am happy I searched out a naturopathic doctor. He is the one who told me of the gluten in levothyroxine. 

Thank you and good luck to you......

Cameronita

• Posted

I have 5 days taking levothyroxine an I feel good but there's bad to it can I please get some help
    • Posted

Well its been four weeks now since I've tooken the levothyroxine and well I was doing good on it not great but I mean functionable but yesterday and today I have been feeling awful I think I'm going to request my endocrinologist to give me armour , I have heard alot of good and positive feedback of that med I really want to try it
    • Posted

Hi there....

I am on Armour now and so far have not gained any weight on it like I was when on the levothyroxine. Since levothyroxine has Gluten in it I do not take it anymore. It was so bad for me and I was losing my mind on it and my body..I feel so much better off of that med. I got to where I could not function on that at all. Bedridden completely. I had to have help with almost everything and felt like I was dying. I have been on Armour for almost a month now and although I am going to talk to my doctor cause I feel the dose is not high enough I have already noticed a change in my energy level. The fact that I do not gain weight is nice to me. I gained 25 pounds on Levothyroxine and am battling that to lose it. In time I will feel much better. The levothyroxine really took a toll on my system for 7 months. Slowly I am feeling better.

Although my conventional endo would not take me off of levothyroxine and so I had to search out a naturopathic doctor to give it to me.

Good luck with all of this and please keep us all informed here on the site of your results.....

thanks

Cameronita

• Posted

Whoo well my big problems on this med right now are feeling confused and brain fog and can't concentrate much and I feel tired all the time and exhausted... But why do the doctors and endocrinologist hardly give out the armour ?
    • Posted

Do u think the armour would help with the confusion , brain fog , and bad concentration?
  • Posted

Doctors and their clinics get kickbacks from the large pharmecutical companies to prescribe and distribute their medications. Levothyroxine is one of them. So naturally they are going to prescribe that product. The Naturalistic doctors do not get the kickbacks because they are natural where the larger pharmecutical companies are not natural but synthetic. Tjhe synthetic concoctions in my meds are what did not agree with my system. Since it was an endo that advised me to seek out a naturalistic doctor to get prescribed meds that she could not give me...it was not hard to figure out with what my naturalistic doctor told me about the conventional doctors being bought off by the large pharmecutical companies....that she could not prescribe Armour or any natural med for me. I do think you will benefit from Armour and now that medicaid does cover naturalistic doctors it has been so beneficial to many.  I do not experience any of those symtoms I did on Levothyroxine on Armour.  I do however experience a few symtoms of low thyroid until I get the correct dose. I have just started Armour and we are  still adjusting the dose for me. But I finally feel like God has sent me to the right doctor......Good luck with your experience.......

Cameronita

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this.

Yes...what IS sleep?

I haven't slept in 4 years since taking Levo.

Have searched other possible causes with various testing but with no cure.

Recently overlooked taking Levo recently for two weeks and have been side-effect free and have slept a little better...a good bit better.

Took Levo today and all side effects came back and I cannot sleep.

After hours of research online and reading so many posts, i will no longer take Levothyroxine. No way.

I am calling my doctor tomorrow and asking for Armour (which I was initially given).

I've wasted time not paying better attention to my thyroid issue and listening to my body.

Do what is best for you. If Levo is causing problems, don't accect the side effects. There may be a better answer out there for you.

Going without sleep hurts so many aspects of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.