Starting 5mg for 7 days

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had a horrible reaction to Citalopram 10mg so Doctor switched me to this. I seem to be very sensitive to medications. I'm very nervous to say the least. Any words of wisdom? I have to work and be a parent too so any help with how you coped would be amazing.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It gets better just takes time but it helps out a lot. Give it time.
  • Posted

Hi Andrea,

Yes, Maylee6 is right, this med takes an age to kick in.  Best to think in terms of months, rather than weeks.  5 mg is a very low dose.

Hope this helps.

Anne x

• Posted

Im on 20mg an have been for 28 days. The first 2 an half wks were very rough an tough. Crying alot, depressed worse,anxiety just felt aweful. Now its not as bad. I do agree apparently this drug takes forever to kick in. But now Iv been having upper rt quadrant pain (gallbladder is gone) an back pain on rt. Like a burning sensation? I had tried Zoloft an it started working after a month but after 2 an half months my liver enzymes went up to the low 50's. Joint pain, upper rt quad pain. So Im afraid this is doin same thing. Iv lost wt to. Not hungry. So I might be visiting my M.D. (in Tx USA)& checking liver an pancreas. Anyone have these symptoms on Fluoxetin?
  • Posted

I too have been on 5 mg for 7 days and feel no different. I was wondering how long it took to kick in. Please update me when and if you start feeling a change.
    • Posted

I just started 20mg today - I did 5mg for 7 days, then 10mg for 7 days then 15mg for 5 Days. The first week I felt pretty anxious and depressed. Insomnia pretty bad and I'm still working through that. Every time I bump up in dosage I notice more depression, tiredness, yawning, and fuzzy thinking- almost like in a daze. I really haven't had too many horrible side effects- fingers crossed! I will update after I've been on 20mg for a few more days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.