Starting to feel hopeful. !

Posted , 7 users are following.

Day 27 and I am finally starting to get relief from the constant pain and burning. I finished my 14 days of estrace and I am now on twice a week. I also have taken half tablets of Norco to get through it. I would say I am 75% better. I think it is so important here to offer some hope. When I first posted here I was so depressed and in such a panic thinking I would always have that level of pain. But I trudged through the estace cream and little by little it got better. I have days that are not great but I'm hanging on to hope. I also have days where I take nothing for pain and feel almost good. 

The worst for me was dealing with doctors that acted like my pain was not so bad. The urogyn told me to take motrin ! The first two weeks I woke after only a few hours sleep and hurt so bad I was shaking from head to toe. I'm no pain lightweight. I've had pancretitis, bought two 9 lb babies in this world, one with no meds and a ruptured tubal pregnancy and more. My husband finally insisted they give me something for pain while hopefully the hormones worked. 

I know I will deal with this for a long time maybe forever but I wanted to at least give hope to women that are just starting this painful road. I am going to start educating my doctors on the intensity of the pain. 

I'm also thinking about the mona lisa touch as there is a docotr here in Indy that has been doing it for a couple of years. But that is down the road. I've heard good and I've heard bad

Just wanted to check in and give everyone here that helped me so much a big hug

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Glad you're feeling better, it is a long road back to what used to be normal. But with time and multiple visits to the Drs it does improve. Good luck on your journey

• Posted

Glad things are getting better for you. I find doctors unsympathetic. One even suggested that I had matal problems and that is why sex was painful. The doc  was a man!!!!
    • Posted

Me too. The ones I saw were just so stupid about it, telling me to take a motrin. Acting like it was no big deal !
  • Posted

That is wonderful news Donna!

Healing of AV does take time.  It is very important to encourage all that are suffering from this that "it will get better" even when pain is so uncomfortable....time will heal!!  Hang in there ladies be positive and know that you will be able to feel normal again.  For me....Very greatful for Vagifem!!

thank you Again Donna for sharing!  That is such good news!

Blessings,

Wendy

• Posted

vagifem sounds a lot easier than the cream but honestly I am afraid to change anything right now. Cutting down to only twice a week now seems to have increased the irritation a little. 
  • Posted

I'm glad you're feeling better; it really is hellish....and its really astonoshing that doctors are so clueless

Could you share what you have heard about the Mona Lisa treatment? I'm considering it...

Good luck !

• Posted

seems I celebrated too early. After the second week of only twice a week est cream symptoms have returned. Went to the doctor and I suggested I try three times a week for a few weeks. I am finding this to be really tough to keep my head up. The months of Oct Nov and Dec are my busiest months and I have already had to send my husband alone to do the first art show.

I discussed the leg cramps I have been having at night and now I have a painful dark spot on my left breast and positive for a brand new UTI and ten days of bactrim ! I want so bad to feel positive and hopeful but I feel like I'm under attack ! Ugh ! I want my life back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.