Starting to feel really down and frustrated, please help :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

It all started last Saturday night. I felt like I had toothache in my top left hand side of my jaw, but it turned out to be my gum aching.

Since then, more symptoms have developed  neutral  My whole jaw and my gums on the left hand side at the bottom have been really achey. The other side is sometimes achey too, but no where near as bad as the left! For example, when I eat, the jaw feels like it is quite stiff and uncomfortable  sad  It's strange because the discomfort can go away for 8-10 hours, then suddenly occur again randomly.

I have also been sneezing much more than often, and my face around my eyes, cheek bones, top of the nose and eyebrows feel tender/heavy. Sometimes my cheeks feel very warm, and sometimes I feel like I am getting a headache but I'm not. My lips are split and have some cuts in them, as well as my mouth feeling dry. My gums also like a bit swollen in the back.

I seem to be able to go a long time without any pain, but when I lie down to go to bed in the evening, I woke up a few times with my gums/jaw aching, only to stand up and move around for about 15-20 minutes and it disappears. It basically seems to move around, sometimes my jaw and gums are achey, sometimes it's my cheeks and sometimes it's where my eyebrows are  confused  I have noticed that I have quite a lot of flem in the back of my mouth, and it has not a very pleasant odour/taste.

Hopefully, next week I will be able to get a doctors appointment ASAP, but is there anything I can do in the mean time? I think it's some kind of Sinusitis or flu infection but I'm not sure.

I would be incredibly grateful for any help or advice!

Thanks so much, and I wish you a good evening smile

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You can apply warm towel to your face near nose and on bridge, it sounds like a Sinus infection. If it is a normal run of the mill sinus infection, it should be gone by the time you see doctor.  Tylenol or any OTC NSAID pain reliever should help with the pain. If you have a Neti pot you can use that, that really helps a lot of folks feel better, it is the old fashioned way to treat them. It looks like a small gravy pourer, you fill it with warm water with a little salt and run it through your sinus. My grandmother used hers all the time. You can also gargle wiyj warm salty water, it also helps with the dental pain, which most of the time is referred pain caused by your sinus infection. It feels like a toothache that you just can't pinpoint to any certain tooth. 

• Posted

Hello flyntheointment,

Thanks a bunch for taking the reply on my post!

I will definitely give this towel method a go either tonight or tomorrow. The Neti pot sounds like a great idea! I have been rinsing and swooshing warm water with sea salt around my mouth for the last few days now. You summed it up perfectly, that's exactly how it feels!

• Posted

Hi, I get this often and my dentist gives me antibiotics as it is a sign of infection. So you could try that?

Long term it's not ideal of course and if symptoms persist an ENT referral is needed to investigate if you have a chronic infection.

• Posted

Hello rumana47782,

Thank you very much for your response.

I am also sorry to hear that you're affected by this too. Hopefully, if I can see the doctor next week, he can give me some anti-biotics to cure it!

When you were ill with this, what did it feel like as you were getting better? Did your gums and jaws become less achey by the day etc. ?

• Posted

Good evening everyone,

This is just a little update.

Today, has probably been my best day since it started last weekend. I haven't eaten dinner yet, but on my other meals, I actually had a bit less discomfort than the other days!

When I was lying in bed on this site, my eyes began to water a little and with what looked like sleep seem to appear on the edges of my eyes. I have had a little bit more energy, although in the afternoon I felt exhausted. I have also sneezed and needed to urinate a lot! I hope this is the infection coming out, but you never know  sad

Any idea what it's like when you're starting to feel better? What do you notice that improves first?

Thanks everyone, and I wish you all a nice evening  cool

• Posted

This is exactly how I have been feeling lately. I have had these same symptoms for going on 3 months! It started with a headache, anxiety, huge panic attack, toothache, numbing and a fuzzy feeling on the left had side of my whole head. I've gone to the doctors over a dozen times. I have had a CT in the emergency room in July an MRI scan in August which should polyps to now a CT sinus scan just this week. Still I have not had a doctor help me with symptoms of the pain and just straight weird feeling I have been having. I have yet to be treated for my polyps. At this rate I'm looking to next month before anything is done. I hope you get rid of the shot ins you've been having soon. My toothache from the polyps lasted about a week. Get some tooth pain gel this should relieve some pain

• Posted

Hello sara69225,

Thanks for your response on my post. How are you feeling?

I am so sorry to hear about your current situation  sad  Have you been able to see a doctor yet about the pain?

• Posted

Hi cammy and all

I like you feel so down with sinusitis very light headed right side of face feels uncomfortable eyes feel tired

I could go on so I do feel for you

Had scan which shows sinus infection inflammation been given steroid tablets for a week and my mood improved felt bit better but as soon as they took me off them put me on flixonase I dipped down I know it can take few weeks for flixonase to work but I feel like it's getting worse

My ears are throbbing like water is I'm them but Drs say just drink water and rest in bed

Sorry to rant on but I really want to chop my head off

• Posted

Hi julie80193,

Thanks so much for your response.

I am very sorry to hear about your symptoms  cry  Have things started to improve at all?

Whatever I have, it's still with me. I have no more pain thankfully, but I feel very fuzzy headed, it just doesn't feel normal. I also have a dull ache across my eyebrows, and I'm sneezing SO much!

• Posted

Hi

Can you tell me if sinusitis affects your eyes heavy feeling ? I'm really worried 😢

I have sinus op next week and hoping it will fix me xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.