starting to feel worse again

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had total hysterectomy last year and have been having Evorel 50mg patches since i was 6 weeks post op. Everything seemed to be going just fine until 2 weeks ago, i felt a few heart palpitations (which i had before my op as i was pre menopausal) i ve also had a feeling of being hot (like a mini hot flush), and feel like the patch isnt working as good. I have now read that the patches can stop working as your body can stop absorbing the hormone on the patch and that gel rubbed in the trans mucosal way (on labia) is the best way for absorbtion. Anybodys thoughts would be appreciative. I don't know whether to ask doctor to higher my patch dosage to 75mg or ask for the gel?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hiya, I had my hysterectomy back in August last year and I was also put on Evorel patches. I had the 75mg ones that seemed to be great at first and although they were keeping most of my menopausal symptoms at bay they didn't do the whole job. I went back to see the doctor and instantly she could tell me that they weren't doing the full job they should be and changed me to eleste solo oral tablets instead. It's definitely worth asking if you don't feel you are getting everything you should from them.

Good luck

Andrea

• Posted

Hi. 

I had my hysterectomy last April. 6 days later I started using the gel orstrogel. Been on this since then and no problems. Have problems with thrush. 3 times since my hesterectomy and I do miss my cervix but apart from that I feel great.

hope that helps. 

Lee xx

• Posted

You miss your cervix? Please explain. I am still in hospital. Just had mine.
    • Posted

Hi. Sex is very different for me now and after lots of research I have discovered it is because I have no cervix. I don't want to be blunt but orgasm is nothing like what it used to be. Everyone is different and I am pleased I have no more bleeding. I was severely anaemia before my operation so I feel much better. Hope you recover quickly. 

Lee x

• Posted

Hi lee

Good to hear from you! You had your op just before mine, I must say my loss of cervix is exactly the same as yours, very different and not as nice. As for my HRT, I m a bit gutted as the patches have been fine until last few weeks. I feel like they're not working anymore, after 9 months I thought I'd be back to normal but I ain't. Hope you are fine X

• Posted

Hi. It's been a while since I have posted anything. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Yes you would think after all this time things would settle down. Have you tried the gel?  I have been very impressed with it. I know it is a taboo subject but it is sex hat has been the most disappointing to me. But nothing can be done about that now. I also can't get rid of my tummy. But in saying that I could be doing a lot more exercise. Can't believe a year ago we were all talking about our operations. Where does the time go?

xx

• Posted

Hi there Hun, just checking to see how you are feeling having had your op now

Please let me know as I know how worried you was before.

Rest now

Ann xx

• Posted

Hi Ann Marie. I am on day 6 post op as I write. Still in the hospital.

I am getting excellent care and was reluctant to go home. It was way more difficult than I imagined. I was so incapacitated and everything is an effort but the monster

Ovarian cyst is out of my body and I am relieved. I had no other symptoms other than the mass. The doctor took everything to avoid future issues. I

My mass looks like a disgusting butternut squash. Still in pathology. Doctor thinks no chemo or radiation will be necessary. I don't know how sex will be. I've heard the cervix vs no cervix removal debate. My doctor wanted it all out to avoid future problems. Avoiding future problems sounds reasonable to me. I have made it through a very difficult seek. I am looking forward to the rest of my life and a good swim!

• Posted

Morning Virginias,

The first two weeks are the hardest,but hopefully it will be onward and upward for the both of us now.

The having no cervix debate is a slight worry I'm hoping everything will be ok in that department, it worries me too.

I'm week 5 post op feeling ok still have food days and bad but it's only because I do to much and my body is telling me of. It's hard when we were such active Independant people before our op.

I wish you well and for a speedy but gentle recovery, remember we only have one chance to recover properly so do it right.

Take care and keep in touch

Ann x

• Posted

I had my hysto about 9 months ago, i had alreay gone through menopause and started bleeding again, I had a tumor on one ovary.  The dr. also took out everything includng cervix, at the time I wasn't sure how I felt about that but I don't miss it. I did not heal as quickly as others I read about but once I did I was fine.  Give yourselt time to heal and time to heal emotionally.  I don't miss the cervix and I can sleep better knowing i now don't have to worry about it.  Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.