Statins gout

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just found out that I have gout feel sure it's with the statins I'm taking going to stop as my cholesterol is vg and exercise and have a good diet.Biggest money spinner ever for drug companies and cheap to give out on National health uk!Would welcome any comments from other users.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about gout, but I just printed this on another thread on this site:

NOBODY WITH NORMAL CHOLESTEROL SHOULD BE PUT ON STATINS.  

To do so is taking risks on something you're acclimating you body to, 24/7, that could be poison to that particular body.

I was on them same way, "just in case".  I can't believe doctors would encourage such behavior in each other.  I had to hear about it thru my chiropractor.  My cadiologist not once talked with me about side effects even when I dropped off copious literature from this site, the FDA site, and other sources reporting how horrendous and permanent some of those side effects are.

Please stop taking them if your cholesterol is normal.  That would be like taking chemotherapy when it is not needed.  It's poison, and we just hope it kills the disease before it kills the patient.  Nobody ever takes chemotherapy for the rest of their life.  That do what they need to do and then leave it behind.

In this case if your cholesterol is normal, there's no reason to be taking them at all, and every reason not to.  Keep surfing this site for more and more evidence.  The reports here of the dangers to one's health from statins seem to be endless.

• Posted

from Ann68675

I reported over a year ago my husband's experience with statins.  When he developed gout - in addition to muscle weakness and peripheral neuropathy - I researched the literautre and found many cases of gout reported.  He came off statins and the gout cleared almost immediately.  He has been off for about 2 years now and  there has not been any recurrence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.