Stats!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey gang,

i am keen to know what everyone's stats are?

where?

-australia

FEV1 (breath in 1 sec)                    

-41-46% 

FVC (volume or capacity)                

-65%

how long had it                                

-birth

activity (sport, work, family)            

-work from home making tables, 1 x 5 yr old, surfing, tennis, walking

everyday meds

-seretide, pretty much had 3 months off anti's in 3 years

alternative therapies (TCM, natropath etc)

-chinese medicine (highly recommended)

management (airway clearance, exercise etc)

-bubble pep, exercise, weight bearing, walking, cardio tennis, riding bike

i've also started seeing a social worker/shrink to help me cope with loss. it really has helped me pushed through the dark times. 

also for the younger ones amongst us be wary of oseoperosis- i have just been diagnosed with it. fracture wary of hip and spine. it comes as a package deal with this crappy condition because of the meds.

breathe easy friends

(we should start a facebook page)

stix

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I live in Australia, but this seems to be the place to be ! I am 68yrs old and since Dec 2013 have been suffering with recurrent bronchitis, or so I was told. I kept saying that I was sure there was more to it than that, asked for spirometry test, was told I had Asthma; given cortoseroid inhaler withoral thrush arriving with a trill within 3 days! treated, changed to ventolin only, another round of antibiotics for yet another 'bronchitis' attack..another spirometry test, this time I had COPD..then No, it is Asthma, no..COPD..no..Bronchitis,, no..the flu etc etc..in the end I asked for referral to private Respiratory clinic, hard to cover with no private health and on aged pension, but managing...to be told I had COPD..sent for CT scan and told yesterday it is Bronchiectasis, maybe genetic link..my dad had lung removed when I was a kid..siblings undergoing similar testing..etc..anyways..so fed up with coughing..been on antibiotics, Klacid, for 5 weeks now, started Spiriva 4 weeks back..and still I cough up half the sea bed every morning....I have been referred to get pulmonary rehab. I dont like feeling so down, done in and just plain tearful..how do you all cope? [cry] I live in a 3 gen home of 4 adults, daughter, 2nd husband and adult son from her 1st marriage..I feel like a burden and sometimes in the dark, if I didnt have my little dog...well..I am sure some of you have been to that dark place..anyway..excuse the rant..but as for stats..FEV etc..still waiting to get that stuff from doctor..
    • Posted

i was previously diagnosed incorrectly in brisbane with COPD.

evn though i was diagnaosed twice previously with bronch.

you need to do airway clearance!!!!!

ask/talk to a physio.

best

s

• Posted

Thanks for your response.. I am trying to get to physio..referral is in..fingers crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.