STAY WHERE YOUR FEET ARE

Posted , 7 users are following.

I heard this on a silly TV show (Dating Naked).  There was a girl on there who was very spiritual...and ever since I heard her say that..I notice I am repeating this many times a day.

AND...it keeps me sober.

I keep ruminating/worrying/thinking/panicking and they I say to myself...STAY WHERE YOUR FEET ARE.

That saying brings you to the moment....this or that which I am doing and you have to realize that everything is OK in THIS moment...and THIS moment is all that we have and ALL  that matters (not next week, next month, the bill that is due, the fight that you had or are going to have, etc.)

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

great advice Missy smile

• Posted

It works sue..smile

Because i don't think I have been THIS much of an emotional mess...since my son went to prison 6 years ago (and I was sober then).

And when I feel my heart racing...or my thoughts snow balling...I say it to myself.

Dating Naked is funny by the way...do you guys have it to view in the UK?

• Posted

Never heard of it, sorry, but it sounds fun!
    • Posted

its weird...(Dating Naked)...I could never do it...could you?

Its also cool to watch after they get over the initial shock of seeing each other naked (they do the whole date naked....and the show starts out with a man and woman....they date each other and then they each have 3 naked dates...at the end of the show...they pick out of their dates...who was the best fit for them.

I'm watching "Cops" right now...do you guys have "Cops"?

• Posted

Very well put Missy. Funny I woke up today at 545 to let my new puppy out. Looked out my back window and thought. "I'm glad I am here. Where my feet are today in this moment". I think that's an awesome way to look at things.

Already deep cleaning the house. Cutting coupons. Planning for my sons first year of high school. Helped a bumble bee out of a bucket of water outside. He can't fly now cuz his wings are wet. So he is going around and around just waiting for his wings to dry. But he is still buzzing??

• Posted

Update now the bee is flying pollinating my tomatoe plants. Thanks bee!🌻
    • Posted

I love your story of HOPE and inner happiness....YOUR SON...is VERY LUCKY to have a sober Mom right now.....I could NEVER do that for my sons...and didn't realize it until it was too late.

I could never do it FOR my sons...

Love the "bee" situation....I couldn't let him drown either as much as I hate the s*ckers. 

And EARWIG?  I MIGHT let drown.

• Posted

Hey Poppy, thank you so much for saving that bee.  It's my belief that life is very precious, even that of an insect and I hate to see anything die needlessly.  I even rescue spiders, of which I am very scared, but I can't see them suffer!! 

You sound to be a lovely, caring person.

Pat xxxx

• Posted

I just thought of something - the bee was "paying it forward"...

Is that what you meant?

• Posted

I couldn't see a bee die. It wa one of those really fat furry ones. They say bees are more rare today more than ever so we need all of the bees we can save!

• Posted

Right..bees pollinate...without pollnation we would have no food!

• Posted

I don't understand the phrase "paying it forward", can you tell me what it means please?

• Posted

I can't mind my own business....so I will explain it to you patricia. wink

When somene does a favor for you....it is said that you will get good KARMA....if you then in turn do a favor for someone else....pay it forward.

So poppy saved the bee....and the bee pollunated her plants. smile

• Posted

And THAT bee can continue to pollunate other plants to help someone else (he will be paying it forward)
    • Posted

Ahhhh.....I understand now.  I had never heard that phrase before, thank you for the explanation.  I will always try to live my life "paying it forward" !!

Have a happy Sunday.

Pat xxxx

• Posted

There are many homeless people where i live....and there are some people who pretend to be homeless..holding up signs..."need money to eat".....I can NEVER resist giving a dollar when I see these people.

I get alot of crap from people I am with when I do this....because of the "scammers"....the people I am with SAY...they are probably making more money than you!  And then wasting it on booze or drugs.

Being homeless has always been a soft spot for me....I had to go to a shelter in my younger years with one of my children because my X was beating me up and I took off.....and they were very nice to me.

I saw legit homeless woman there....and from then on..for the care and attention my son and I received that night.....I pay it forward when I see homeless people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.