Sticky foreskin/glans makes retracting foreskin over penis head uncomfortable

Posted , 53 users are following.

Whenever I have sex or masturbate, I find that I experience discomfort when my foreskin moves up and down. I think this is caused by the inside of my foreskin being sticky. This means that the foreskin doesn't glide smoothly, it kind of peels down like a sticker when I retract it over the glans.

This isn't caused by any fluid or discharge. I used to use soap to clean my penis but for a while I've just used water as I read this was preferable, however it hasn't got any better since the change.

My penis has always been quite sensitive and it is still sometimes uncomfortable when the exposed head rubs against clothes, which tends to happen occasional when wearing boxers as my foreskin is relatively small and sometimes retracts behind the head on its own. I used to think that my discomfort was caused by the foreskin being too small and have worked on stretching it before, however I am now thinking that without the stickiness it would function okay.

I am 21 years old and used to produce a lot of smegma before I started actively washing my penis but I don't get it any more.

Any help would be much appreciated, this has been causing me considerable distress.

It's really hard to describe, almost like the skin is sticky or tacky but not wet. When I retract the foreskin with my fingers, it doesn't slide down instantly, it kind of slowly follows.

p.s. circumcision is certainly not a valid answer at this stage so please refrain from any such debate.

Edit: I have also tried proper lube before. While this helps for a couple of minutes, I find it quickly dries out/becomes thick and makes the discomfort worse.

Another thing I have noticed is that my penis head has a textured feel and does not look as smooth as other uncut penises I have seen.

8 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hey matt, just seeing if you still have this problem, or did you figure out what this is. Reason i ask, i have the exact same symptoms for the past 8 months or so. Anyways let me know. thanks
  • Posted

Hello Matt. I've been battling this condition for over a year. I've seen more that 20 dermat and they are completely baffled. Have you been able to figure it out?

I hope you are doing better.

I'm very much looking forward to your answer.

• Posted

Hi Matt.  It sounds like you have something called Balanitis (look it up on Wikepedia). I have he same problem and although I've got quite a big head (glans) and my foreskin very flexible pulling right back toward my balls, I have the same discomfort. It's caused by a fungus ad your GP will prescrbe an anti-fungal cream- probably Clotrimazole. You don't say who (which sex) you are having sex with. Woman can often have an un-noticed fissure  inside the vagina which causes vaginitis and this infection can be passed to the man. Is this a possibility. If it's anal sex, that could also be a cause. Some people are alergic to condoms which are latex.  Excessive w...... can also make you sore/sicky but dry.  Speak to your GP. Hope this help.  Let me know how it's progessing
  • Posted

Sorry, the cat satn my mouse s I was typing - after washing underwear run  complete cycle again with no soap; thisshould remove most of the detergent residues..
  • Posted

Heyy.. I hope you solved the problem. I have been dealing with this since I can remember ( so many years) . I am 21 now and I have had circumcision 4 months ago but the problem is still the same .

Please if you can help me solve this problem , I will be more than grateful

• Posted

Hi Alaa, did the circumcusion not help at all? What symptoms do you still get now that there is no foreskin to stick?
    • Posted

Hey . Thanks for replying.

I still have pain in the glans. I feel pain especially when rubbing my penis a little. I have never had sex ofcourse mainly because of this.

I was not cleaning under the foreskin when I was young because i didn't know I had, and that's why i had inflammation in the glans and in the tight foreskin also. I went to 3 different urologist and I got checked .

I came iut negative for stds ofcourse and they would tell me I am healthy .

But that's the problem . That I don't know what i have and how to cure it

• Posted

No probs! Yeah I was not cleaning under the foreskin either as I didn't realise it was needed. I have had the sticky foreskin symptons for a little while now and it's really frustrating. Has the pain in the glans reduced since the surgery or stayed the same? Did the doctor say anything about this? Although there is pain in the glans are you happy that you no longer have the symptoms of the foreskin sticking to the glans and the dicomfort this entails? Or if you could go back would you have decided against having the circumcision? 
    • Posted

I don't think there is any pain relief, it's still not comfortable to tocuh it or doesn't feel like normal skin. The urologist ( not the one who made the surgery) told me that the pain was because of poor hygiene before the surgery and because of the change in the penis environment after the surgery.

But it's like the skin is a little bit dry now . I don't remember any time the skin was feeling normal and that I had a normal penis .

This problem is from since I can remember.

I think the circumcision was the only solution for me in this case and It kind of solved the tight foreskin problem. But still painful when rubbing or coming to contact with anything else.

• Posted

Hey there, I've had the same issue pretty much since I can remember. Have you found any solution to the skin of the gland feeling uncomfortable under the foreskin when touching anything other than the foreskin? Mine has always felt discomfortto touch almost like its bruised when pulled back and sometimes it folds over itself and doesn't feel comfortable because it sticks to the head and folds. Have you managed to resolve any symptoms? Thanks

• Edited

I am dealing with exactly the same problem. Uncut..perhaps a bit tight, but always sticky! And because it does not glide smoothly, even hand job can be a distress and i that is why i usually finish asap.  i didn try ACV... talc helps for a short period of time, but who knows if it can be use on a long term basis. Perhaps anti fungal cream? If somebody discovered anything new on this field, i'd be happy to hear. 

• Edited

Hi. Your foreskin is not sticky it's actually too dry. This is down to your body not generating enough of its natural oils to keep it moist. From research this can be hormone related or due to other factors like certain prescription drugs or possibly due to being too clean and washing the natural oil away with a lot of soap. I am not sure that there is a cure but I have had great benefit by using evening promise oil. You can get it in capsule form from most good supermarkets. Get the 500mg size and once a day prick one capsule with a pin and rub the contents in under your foreskin. I do this before bed and by morning it has soaked in and the skin is smooth, soft and slightly slick - just as it would be naturally. It's not a cure but it does bring relief and make things more normal. You can get special oils for the penis but they cost loads and the results are no better. Hope it helps. Julian

• Posted

Thx for the answer. I wonder if some other oil would do the job or does it have to be one of primrose...I guess it is worth trying..
  • Edited

Hi guys, I'm having the exact same problems as you all. And as well the exact same past problems, not knowing that I need to clean under the foreskin, so by that I'm guessing this is the cause.

I'm about to see a urologist soon but I have lost faith, has anyone got any progress please please tell me. My foreskin and glans is sticky and sore. I've tried many creams and things but non seem to have worked. Please get back to me thanks.

Ps anyone ever get pain inside the penis? Or in the crotch area?

• Edited

Hi Jay. Your foreskin is not sticky it's actually too dry. This is down to your body not generating enough of its natural oils to keep it moist. From research this can be hormone related or due to other factors like certain prescription drugs or possibly due to being too clean and washing the natural oil away with a lot of soap. I am not sure that there is a cure but I have had great benefit by using evening promise oil. You can get it in capsule form from most good supermarkets. Get the 500mg size and once a day prick one capsule with a pin and rub the contents in under your foreskin. I do this before bed and by morning it has soaked in and the skin is smooth, soft and slightly slick - just as it would be naturally. It's not a cure but it does bring relief and make things more normal. You can get special oils for the penis but they cost loads and the results are no better. Hope it helps. Julian

• Posted

Thank you for replying! It seems by the fact you know so much it might work. Couple questions, do you have to apply this everyday, so that if one day you don't your foreskin will go dry again. And have to apply this forever. As well is there any perfumes in this at all as there meant to be bad for the skin. Thirdly I'm not sure what I'm buying, could you just reply with a link to a photo or a shop that sells it. Thanks

• Posted

Hi. EVENING PRIMROSE OIL is easy to find any supermarket or chemists will have it in the section where they sell vitamins and minerals. It is sold in soft gell capsule form - and is very cheap I got 60 tablets for £2 - so very economical. I does not have a perfume but does smell very slightly oily - but not so that anyone stood near you would notice! I have found that it is good to apply it once a day - I usually do it before bed - but I have found I can miss a couple of days without noticeable effects. It is NOT a cure but does make the condition bearable and allows you to get one with your (sex! ) life.

Good luck guys.

Julian

• Posted

jay boy thank you for the advice for the primrose oil only used for a day and already can see improvment i never really had pain on the gland only under the foreskin and like you said it felt sticky but this oil has done wonders

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.