Sticky, Painful Penis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I am a generally healthy 38 year old male but over the last few months I have been experiencing pain and dry and hard skin on the tip of my penis at the opening. Over the last couple of days the pain has increased and often the opening is stuck together making it a slight problem when I go to the toilet. The hard skin that is appearing is actually slightly closing up the opening of the penis at both ends. Today the opening has been sticker than normal. I don’t really have any discharge and there isn’t any bad smell around that area. Also, if I press down around the opening I can feel it’s quite hard inside. I have been with my wife now for 10 years and we have both tested negative for any STD’s.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as it’s really annoying me and doesn’t help my sex life.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Keith,

I assume the hard skin you speak of is at the opening of your foreskin (and not the meatal opening of your glans). Can you recall any historical injury to your foreskin? This could be important.

Forceful retraction of the foreskin in infanthood or at any time pre-puberty before the prepuce naturally pulls back over the glans, is a still common cause of damage to the foreskin in the USA - where doctors still have little understanding of the foreskin and its many functions.

Keith, where do you live? I'm in England and experienced very similar problems as yours some years ago.

Christopher

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I should of said in my original post that I was circumcised when I was 7 years old. I'm not Jewish and I dont know why I had the operation. My mums decision. So yes, the hard skin and stickyness is at the meatal opening. Sorry, I didn't know the technical names before. I'm thinking I will have to go to the doctors but it's the weekend now and they don't open again until Monday. I will try to book an appointment then but I may have to wait 2 weeks knowing them! Yes, I'm in England.

• Posted

Hi again, Keith,

It's very likely that you have a condition called meatal stenosis. It's a complication that can arise from circumcision. I suffered this to some degree after I was circumcised as an adult. But you were 7 years old when your foreskin was cut off.

Meatal stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the urethral opening (meatus) - more often a developing problem after circumcision as a boy grows into manhood. This seems to be what happened to you.

When you see your doctor, he or she may issue you with a dilator - a thin plastic stick with a small bulbous end - to insert into your urethra (pee hole), and move it up and down inside. This is designed to stretch your meatal opening. It's not a pleasant thing to do to yourself by any means, but it may prevent you from needing surgery.

Going to the toilet for a wee in your condition may not fully empty your bladder. This results in urine retention which can be dangerous.

Please keep us up to date, and I wish you well. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.