Stiff joints

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone get stiff joints every so often like they pulled a muscle from hrt

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Do you think that's due to HRT?  In all the evidence I've read nothing like that has been noted. If you think it is you can always report it through your GP or do it yourself.
  • Posted

Should have explained, it's the Yellow Card Scheme.
    • Posted

If you have a reaction to a drug that isn't a known possible side effect it's the system where you can report it. The drug company will look into and and see if any other patients have had similar side effects. Just Google Yellow Card Scheme.
    • Posted

And speak to your GP because you could just have a joint problem and if so the earlier it's diagnosed the better. Just to add I have osteoarthritis and when I stopped my HRT for a short time last year I was in dreadful pain but as soon as I resumed it my joint pain improved and my rheumatologist said it is often the case.
    • Posted

No you aren't but I've had joint problems for more than 10 years, I'm almost 63 now and I regret not getting treatment earlier so that's why I mentioned it.
  • Posted

It's only in the right leg my sister has arthritis and she's younger than me
    • Posted

Mine started in one knee and I just put it down to working on the wards, walking and lifting patients but obviously that was the cause, wear and tear. It can run in families as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.