STIFF SOLID LEGS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Months ago I told you how my power walking, stomping at great speeds through the street like a mad man caused me to loose balance and my body lost balance

From that in January of this year I have had horrendous trouble with my legs, burning tingling, like lots of electric activity running up and down the Leg, the leg feeling like its ballooned and twice the size when I walk

Things got a bit better after many many many months but I started walking long distance well 2-3 miles again at a good pace and today they are Rock solid, so stiff it's hard to walk 20 feet

All I want is to be able to excerise again, power walk go back to

aerobics but whenever I try and do anything these legs just don't seem to be able to do anything without causing me grief

I've been doctors, 5 different Pysiothreapist

No seems to know what's wrong

Maybe I need to stop the power walking but Its important to build up a sweat and feel exhausted, yet whenever I do anything regarding keep fit I pay the price for it

Yet I don't want to just do nothing, yet excerise is causing he horrendous grief

Please if you know of anything to get these legs normal again free and loose, I just want to be able to move than feeling a cripple im only 38

I feel like my life's ended

Love to you all for reading Kristian xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

All I can say is to let your knees lead you. They will let you know when the right time is.
  • Posted

You may have to switch to something that is considered low or no impact. Swimming, cycling are great but put no adverse impact on the legs.
    • Posted

Thank you for the kind comment, I have been advised this by a few people but I loathe swimming and cycling

I like all the high impact I love walking and desperate to get back into Aerobics

Regards Kristian

• Posted

Hello, I am in my mis 50's & I had a knee injury few months back though I had no surgery done being it was a sprain or a strain what they saw in the mri.had then been to pain management which has mentioned that I may have CRPS which anyone at any age can get.

What CRPS is it can come on by impact or injury to any part of your body & symptoms vary..you mentioning stiff leg.tingling.burning & swelling of legs.sounds like it could be but not saying it is CRPS..I can not go far being I am very stiff legged with joint pain & swelling of feet & calf I actually have to use a walker to get around & you sound like you are able to get around yet even though your legs are stiff but generally stiffness starts first then can possible lead into getting not able to move on your own without crutches or a walker..

I hope you do not have this being your legs can literally lock up on you I would go to a doctor to find out the test is very sinple they can tell by just an exame.ortho docs wont be able to tell.wish you the best & if you are diagnosed with CRPS get into therapy asap which is helping me out but it is important..take care..God bless.

• Posted

Thank you so much, months ago I went to the doctors though

I've had X Ray done, neurology tests done in it

What this CRPS test and what test can I ask for incase the doctor hasn't heard of CRPS

Love Kristian xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.