Stiffness in tops of thighs and back with IC

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

i am new to this forum and have never posted anything in a forum before but felt compelled to after reading the posts. I've had IC since I was a teenager, had a myriad of gyny ops and problems. 

It's sad to hear so many of you are suffering but also kind of reasuring as I feel I have a much reduced quality of life but no one else really understands unless they have it. 

I was wondering if anyone also has really stiff pain in their hips and lower back particularly during a flare up of symptoms?

i used to have good flexibility and be very active but now I'm really stiff, even walking hurts.

Perhaps this is another symptom but it correlates with my IC getting really bad. I have pain meds now as chronic pain was diagnosed due to multiple surgeries , including failed TVT procedure which was later removed. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kat, I'm new here too and came across this forum whilst consulting Dr Google about an operation I was advised about that might help my Ic.

Anyways, I don't tend to get the stiffness but rather that my thighs and pelvic area feel heavy and sore as if I've been working out for hours on end.

Remember that the pain you can feel is sometimes not in the area you feel it but is radiating from somewhere else, which could be your bladder. ic flare ups can cause major bladder inflammation which in turn can irritate and cause problems with other muscles and tissue.

In my unprofessional opinion because you are saying the stiffniess occurs during flare ups it is an unfortunate symptom of Ic and not due to your operations. However I'm not a doctor and this just some advice and my opinion so please don't take my word for it. smile I'm just trying to help.

And please know there are loads of people going through similar situations and that you are not alone. I have just posted a Light hearted discussion yesterday practically spilling all my deep dark ic secrets out in hopes of spreading awareness and positivity to those who suffer badly from a little known condition that will be with ius for the rest of our lives. Stay positive. And I wish you all the best x

• Posted

Hi Leanne

Thanks so much for responding. It's nice to hear from you and thanks for your thoughts on referred pain. I will have a read of your article as it can be very hard to try and explain this stuff to friends etc (and a bit personal!)

Take care and let's hope one day there will be something better to treat it ??

• Posted

Hey kat. I recently had a flare up of what I think is ic I haven't been diagnosed yet. And my thighs really ached this time. So I was also wondering if it's connected. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.