Still can't figure out what's wrong with me .. Please help .

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I've been worried sick on what's wrong with me and I've had some alerting symptoms that have been going on for quite some time .. Most point to hyperthyroidism, some point to other conditions that I'm aware can super serious . I honestly don't know how long this has been going on , but HOT FLASHES OR HEAT INTOLERANCE ... Let me describe it .. I'm outside walking home from school and my body feels heated , as if I'm burning up .. This is daily . It happens whenever I am in a warm environment.. Like I'm worried something is really wrong . I do get a fast heart rate when running or even walking down stairs .. Like I get palpitations whenever sitting down times to times . I also have lost weight I believe and I think it's because of this condition? I have daily fatigue alone with myself feeling super hot .. Please someone let me know if this is hyperthyroidism or not

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I get exactly that and have Graves' disease! Any amount of exertion and I break out in a sweat! Mostly on my back!

• Posted

I would advise you to go and see your GP as nobody can diagnose your symptoms on here as it maybe something else causing this. Wish you best of luck and hope you find an answer soon. 😁

• Posted

Hi thomas73606, a blood test measuring your thyroid function can establish if your symptoms are caused by hyperthyroidism.

Your doctor will likely ask you if any close relatives have had thyroid problems in the past.

• Posted

I see  you might be a man.  I agree.   You can't diagnose yourself based on symptoms,  You need to have basic thyroid blood tests done to rule thyroid disease in or out.

• Posted

Thomas, just ask your doctor to test your T3, T4 and TSH. You would probably get the answer in 48hrs. Its easier than worrying about it.

• Posted

All the symptoms you have described points to hyperthyroidism but to be certain you need to go see a doctor and have them test you. These symptoms can mean a varirty of things. Go see a doctor to get a diagnosis.

• Posted

Yes this Friday I have an appointment.. I'm frustrated because I have been getting these hot flashes for a while . I'm a male and have noticed that my grandma and other people in the family have autoimmune diseases such as lupus , hyperthyroidism, and fibromyalgia.. Like has any one ever got these hot flashes followed by the chills ?? Keep in mind I'm 17 and my mom thinks I'm making this all up .. But my Gma is taking me to the doctors this Friday and he knows that this has been going on for sometime . I do believe my thyroid is enlarged because I can feel it pretty well .

• Posted

Glad you are going to get medical attention.  Please keep us posted.
    • Posted

One of my first symptoms were hot flashes and heat sensitvity. I'm so happy your going to the doctor. Please write down all of your symptoms and all of your questions before going. Good luck and get us posted

• Posted

Hi Thomas,I know its so frustrating when ppl don't listen and don't understand what u r going through I'm in a same boat like u hot flushes irregular pulse its even worse when doctor says oh it's all in ur head how can it be or possible that u making up these stories especially when it come to ur health u r so young u should get it checked out do u have any other symptoms along with hot flushes ?

• Posted

Yes fatigue mainly , waking up in the morning achy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.