Still have kidney stone after 7 days

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, new to page/group..

7 days ago I went to hospital at midnight in agony as I had been dealing with this pain for a few hours now and couldn't take the pain anymore

. After a few tests I was diagnosed with a kidney stone, I stayed over night and went home lunchtimetthe next day... the first 2 days I slept because I hadn't slept all night and was so exhausted from the pains..

The next day when I woke up I was so thirsty the smallest mouthfulls of water hurt my stomach, so I took the pain relief (forte)that they gave me to take when I had pain, so I did, since then eating and drinking has been verry difficult also I have lower back / lower stomach ache thay is constantly there gets worse the more I move around.

After day 5 I stopped taking the forte to see if the pain would ease, unfortunately it has not, weakened a tiny bit that's all, altho I've started to eat and drink a little bit more, but no where near normal..

So should I go back to hospital? Maybe the stone hasn't passed, maybee it has but there is a new problem?

I wasnt told the size of stone as far as I cal recall

Also having problems doin number 2's,I've taken a laxative /softener tablets but no luck

Thankyou in advance

Darren

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A kidney stone shouldn't affect your stomach so it's a bit puzzling as to why water hurts, particularly when you need to be drinking lots. Maybe the pain from the stone is radiating around your abdomen and making you tender all over.

Chances are the stone is still there having only receded during your hospital stay. If it's back in a location where it has stopped hurting, or hurting to a lesser degree, then they'll send you home until it passes on its own or until the pain comes back and you need further attention.

The best thing is for the stone to pass by itself and lots of water will help that to happen. If it doesn't then there are other things they can try.

If the painkillers aren't helping you to cope then go and see your doctor and explain what's happening. There are plenty of options for pain relief.

Hope it gets better soon.

• Posted

When Drinking and eating I get a cramping pain from the centre of my stomach them goes away after 20 minutes or so and I'm left with the lower constant ache
  • Posted

mate you need to go see your local GP, straight away. They should be able to refer your for a CT scan.

I would also then recommend blood tests. This is where they can check your calcium and phosphate levels along with any other obvious signs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.