Still not moving forward

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys

It's been a month since I first posted on here,I'm still struggling

I've had anxiety and depression issues for over 20 years now and I get bad breakdowns every couple of years

My last 1 was around 6 weeks ago and I'm still not getting better

I'm already on 175 mg sertraline I have diazepam when my anxiety is getting to much for me,my appetites gone again so I have no energy,sleep is disturbed by waking up in panic it's really draining me

I try all the relaxation tapes,self hypnosis,mindfulness and I've started back at thetapy but mornings are becoming to much

I wake up and I can't even think straight,I can't find the courage to get up go downstairs to make a brew because I shake so much which makes me more anxious 😕

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi kate

​my heart goes out to you, many on here are exactly the same and it's a nightmare, took me 3 months to feel way much better , but i still have the odd bad day where i still think is it really anxiety,my doc last week said i was fit for work, i closed my business due to this condition in march and yesterday a doc said i was no way fit for work, both docs have never seen me before ,they dont have a clue what we are all like in the mornings, evens and at night.anyway things will get better, just wish there was a quick fix , take care 

• Posted

Thanks Wayne,I'm usually calmer when my husband gets home or the kids from school

I'm defo worse when I'm alone everything just seem daunting even just walking in the kitchen to wash up or go make a drink it's ridiculous but I can't seem to force myself to do it xx

• Posted

Do you have agoraphobia? Maybe you need some guidance with agoraphobia. Anxiety is very rough but when it begins to complicate its really frustrating. There are other methods aside from cbt and medications. Cbt is vital to learn though. Mindfullness techniques, energy healing,prayer, meditation, clean eating with exercise to keep the body string, group therapy. Audiobooks and podcasts on many topics. Inspirational speakers that can guide you on whatever you deciede might help you. Dont give up look for a different way to combat this. You can do it. Theres a very fullfilling life on the otherside of fear. Not trying to sound generic but your self feeding into this severly and it is very hard to stop it because its your own mind doing it. Look in your past and if anyone has abused you,berated you or betrayed you workon forgiveness in that area. Forgiveness releases the deadly emotions so you can enjoy your own company. Sounds a lot wasier then it is cause emotions run so very deep but it is absolutely possible
    • Posted

I've got most audio books for relaxation,meditation I've suffered with agoraphobia in the past and I very rarely go anywhere on my own but my main problem at the moment is just walking round my own home,I'm so exhausted from lack of sleep,over thinking things,anxiety and having to force myself to eat as I have zero appetite xx
  • Posted

I really feel for you, you sound like my mum. I have anxiety so get that side of things. I also struggle with eating which also makes me feel very weak and shakey but someone commented on my post and suggested trying to start eating by eating Yogarts. Have you ever bought the frube Yogarts for your children that are I. Tubes rather than pots? I have managed to eat one of them and it was easy a i slowly got a bit out of the tube at a time and it's is not solid food and it's moist (I can't do dry food at all when anxious) I thought I would share as it helped me eat. I know for me that not eating (even though it's caused by anxiety) makes anxiety worse and I can only start to function properly and gain strength by eating again. I hope you get through this stage and become stronger for it. You've done it before you can most certainly do it again x
    • Posted

Thank you Christine,I always have breakfast drinks near by to drink so I'm still getting nutrients and I eat a banana when I wake up even if I have to force it down xx
    • Posted

That's good well done for doing that, I wish you all the best and hope you feel better real soon x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.