Stinging pain in ankle post surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

It has been 2 years and 9 mos. since having ORIF on right ankle. Now experiencing sharp stinging pain on occasion. Should I see doctor again or wait to see if it gets worse?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Nerve pain? Do you have any hardware left in? I am just over year Fibula snapped and displaced. Pain around plate. Has to come out.
    • Posted

Yes, I have a plate and seven screws still in. Doctor said at time of surgery that it wouldn't need to come out unless it started giving me trouble. I had a trimalleor (? spelling) dislocation, with ORIF. But, didn't have any ligament damage. I just wondered if it's nerve pain or pain from the plate itself?

• Posted

Either, or both. Dr said my foot was rejecting hardware, plus I could have scar tissue around nerve by plate. I just know that when he touches it, I feel like kicking him lol.
    • Posted

Thank you for your replies. According to what you've said, the pain I'm having is nothing at all compared to what your experiencing. At this point, I can understand that it could very well be a combination of nerve pain along with scar tissue. But, it could also be much worse! I hope you have HR soon and get some relief! I can still recall the pain after surgery and I don't ever want to feel that again. Take care and do what you have to do to regain some quality of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.