Stitches anyone??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 24 days out and still have stitches just above anus like a half moon shape, internally.  They are popped out under skin and itching and driving me nuts.  Surgeon says they will dissolve.  When?  UGH!  He removed external ones and I got relief, but these internal ones are horrible.  Anyone?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if my stictches are still there.  I see surgeon Thurs - because of swelling and feeling crappy.....7 wks......Be glad at least your surgeon saw you early.  Buy some itching cream or try coconut oil in bath.

• Posted

Hi. Not sure if we have the same scenario. Few days after operation, I though another hemorrhoid came out of my anus. Gets larger and painful when touched everyday. Yes, doctor said they will shrink eventually. He said that it's just a skin, not hemorrhoid.

He gave me daflon (brand name) just google the generic name, and I apply aloe vera gel on it 3 times a day. After 1 week now the skin tag is shrinking and getting less painful and is now soft compared to before.

Xx

• Posted

I can feel my stitches, they are like a drawstring around my anus under skin.  My swelling is internal, unfortunately I have a rectocele, prolapse into vagina from rectum and can feel the golf ball in there.  I'm 29 days out today and the swelling is still bad.  Rectocele makes it harder to poop.  I have CNS issues and am terrified swelling won't go away.  I'm supposed to have rectocele repair surgery March 15, but don't see how that will happen at this point.  Outside where skin tag was removed quit hurting so bad, and two lumps I had I think from stitches swelling are not hurting now after he removed stitches.  I feel like I have a golf ball inside by afternoon from such bad swelling and I'm taking ibuprofen 2x a day.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.