stitches uncomfortsble

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am now 11 days after a p and a repair. Today I have felt below and one stitch near my anus is really sore feels lumpy is this normal. Everything else seems OK

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna,I'm 13 days post anterior repair and I feel uncomfortable

Today. I have felt stitches inside and I nearly fainted lol.not sure whasti expected

Really hun.what about you,have you looked down there. I'm not again

Till I'm 6 wks op.xxx

• Posted

Sorry I forgot to say,I think its normal to feel stitches, it shows sthey are healing.xx
    • Posted

Yes I've looked today cos of stiches being sore. Am pleased with what I saw so far cannot see my bladder bouns. Even used a.mirror to look x
    • Posted

Didn't know I had external. Stiches thought they was all inside must have been cut outside as well xx

• Posted

Anna I had the same op 12 days ago, I nearly passed out when I felt the stitches so low. Do you feel heavy down there? Are you still taking pain relief 
  • Posted

Anna,

It's normal to have lumpy stitching at posterior end, I was the same had the end of a stitch like catgut jagging me , and all felt really bumpy.

I am 8 /9 weeks post op now and stitch has gone and all nice as smooth. Sometimes still a bit sensitive when I over do things. Can also sometimes feel a bit nippy deep in left groin, I'm sure matron said that the posterior repair lies to the left.

Take progress slow and easy and plenty rest.

Happy healing💖

• Posted

Phyllis, sorry for all the questioans

i am just as you exsplain above.

what week did stitches start to come away did you bleed at that time.

when does the heaveyness slow down.

i am 13 days A&P

• Posted

Its the heavy feeling I don't like,almost feels like the prolapse is there. Did you have that Phyllis?

I've done nothing for 2wks so it must be normal.still bleeding too,not heavy but I still need pads hun.xxx

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

Think stitches started to loosen around 4/6 weeks, as you start to heal around area where stitches are wound draws tight.

Having only had repairs this time the swelling while initial large began to go down around 5/6 weeks, but still felt initially dry and uncomfortable when walking.

My discharge only really lasted to around 5/6 weeks and not very heavy over week 2/3 and only really creamy for last 3/5.

I only really had spot bleeding at posterior from week 3/6 if I overdone things or over strained in toilet or on roughly trying to wipe clean. Fresh red/pinky blood but only a spot.

Kept thinking I would burst stitching at the back, as it was nippy to. But it's it's very strongly sewed up so think I was just being paranoid.

Think because the stitches end around very bottom of pelvic floor, we tend to feel it more in that area.

Hope this helps,

Try not to worry and always take care and take progress a little at a time and all should be fine.

Phyl x💖💖

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl,

Yes had that heavy feeling that feels like prolapse is still there, it is just the very swollen repair site where stitches are. It will gradually go down over recovery time. I think we feel it more because anesthetic has wore off and taking less painkillers, also as we start to do short walk abouts and bleeding lessens it becomes dryer in there and we become more aware of it. But try not too worry about it, try not to over do thinks during early weeks give yourself the needed recovery time at least till stitches heal around 6 weeks.

I know it is difficult to know how much is too much . I strictly kept to the timetable of do's and don't that rosiepix sent me by personal email. I found it very useful.

Generally if you overdo if you will feel uncomfortable, maybe lower sore back, and it will feel like you have overstretched things and also that heavy feeling down below like it might all fall out. Just means do a little less and rest up. I ply ever did a little extra each day and rested a full day if felt I had overdone things.

Try not to be in too big a hurry, time is the best healer, take as long as you need.

Healing hugs 💖💖💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.