Stomach/Digestive Issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

For 6 weeks during the summer, I was having constant stomach/digestive issues where I would feel almost like an internal fart going through my body, so much that it got louder and louder as the day progressed.  I would have some wet/sticky bowel movements that were always a mess.  I thought this was a dietary issue, tried no lactose, did not work, tried many other foods to cut out did not work.  Since beginning of September until two days ago, my bowel movements have been really good, decent in size, no digestive irritation or loud sounds.  Then two days ago, it started again.  Anyone have the cause of why these come and go for weeks at a time eating relatively the same meals weekly?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like IBS.  Sometimes a particular food will not irritate you one day biut will cause trouble on another day.  You could try the Fodmap Diet to  identify food intolerances.  However, see your doctor for tests and an official diagnosis.
  • Posted

Have you came under any stress lately? Or eaten anything you hadn't in the time things were normal?

• Posted

Seems to happen sporadically, more so in public places to be fairly honest....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.