Stomach inflammation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

My story is a rather long one, hopefully someone would be able to help me.

My stomach problems started around 9 months ago and have gotten much worse since then. Having intesive symptoms such as; bloated stomach, indigestion, gases and strong abdominal pain occassionaly,

I decided to visit a private gastrologist. After an unpleasant gastroscopy I've been diagnosed with a very high level of stomach inflammation and H Pylori infection, and been prescribed with 2 antibiotics and PPI, after 10 days I felt such a huge relief, I actually felt normal for around 2 weeks. Then I started feeling same symptoms again and this occured when I had a coffee in the morning (I'm not lactose intelerant), then the problems developed quickly. I had a blood and stool test done, H Pylori is negative and blood test is normal, although I get white spots on my nails, which tells me that I don't absorb vitamins. The symptoms I get now are; constantly bloated stomach, burping even if I only drink water, gases, using the toilet very often, abdominal pain and discomfort. I have been visiting doctors very frequently, I got prescribed PPI and some medicine for my bowels. These not only don't work, but make me feel much worse over time and the doctor doesn't seem to understand this and advises me to stick with it. I tried serveral natural methods, such as ginger tea, essential oils, hydrochloric acid with pepsin with meals, fresh lemon juice, hcl makes me feel a bit better after meals but in the long run it doesn't work. I tend to eat quite well, every day I'm having some steamed vegetables, I don't eat sugar and I'm very aware of what I put in my mouth.

I would very much appreciate any kind of advice on resolving this issue or directions for help. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello kamil

I have very similar problems as you. Very nasty condition. I have had issues for about 11 months now. I too have had extensive investigations like 4 endoscopies, ct scans, MRI, ultra scan, numerous blood tests, colonoscopy etc. Been with 3 different gastoenterologists & only findings are stomach inflammation, esophagitis & small hiatal hernia. Yes you are right the PPI's don't work. There are no pain relief meds for this condition. I am also on a bland diet & still get burning pains in my abdomen.I also have loss of appetite everyday. I have tried chinese herbs & ayurvedic medicine with little or no success. Only get temporary relief from drinking 100% coconut water, which you can try.. I have no infection but the only conclusion I can draw from this is that my condition is autoimmune in nature & I am now seriously thinking of going abroad to upset this condition and cause a change in the immune system if it helps. It is somewhat of a relief to know that I am not alone with this debilitating nasty conditions. I hope you get better & perhaps we can advise each other on different treatments. Thanks look after yourself.

• Posted

From some of your symptoms ie bloating, wind/ gases, abdominal pain, not absorbing some vitamins, upset stomach etc I'm surprised your doctor hasn't mentioned irritable bowel syndrome. For which sadly there is no cure but there are ways to manage it.

1 of them being to identify your food triggers - caffeine would be 1 of those, since you are sure that milk isn't the cause. But chances are there are other foods even within your eating well diet that trigger an instantaneous response in your body hence your symptoms.

Try and keep a food diary, see if that helps with identifying your food triggers. And then cut them out and see if you notice an improvement.

Good Luck

• Posted

Thank you for your replies.

I visited my doctor on friday and I was directed to do a colonoscopy, but I'm very sceptical about this and it's the last thing I would do. 

Saffyre, I did try to eliminate foods which may potentially cause the problem, by eating 1 or 2 same things for a day, but I felt the same whatever I ate. 

Coffee is a trigger for me right now, in the condition I'm in, it makes me feel terrible and I instantly get a huge bloted stomach. But a year ago, when I had a coffee almost every morning I felt absolutely fine, and also in the short time period in between when my health condition was good, coffee triggered nothing. 

Any idea what else I can do to solve the problem?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.