Stomach pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gb out in 2013 and about 6 months ago i started to get these unbareable stomach pains. I was dealing with them until it started to happen after every meal or drink so i have been going back and forth to appointment after appoinment and all i get is all the test come back normal but i am sick of being in constant fear of eating or drinking i eat maybe three times a week at most always in bed and always really crabby and i just want to know what is going on

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you have IBS? I got my gallbladder taken out 17 years ago. All the bile goes straight your stomach and reeks havoc. Might need a pill that will relax the muscles in your stomach.

I would recommend dyclomine. You may need a colonoscopy. I had one and was diagnosed that way. Some people take probiotics but they didn't work for me.

I stopped eating shortly after I had mine taken out (i was 13) and I couldn't take the pain after eating. I looked downright anorexic. I was scared to eat due to unbearable pain. After awhile they stuck me on boost and had to force me to eat.

They tried several medications but the ones that helped were the ones that calmed the stomach cramps.

I am sorry you're going through this. You're not alone though. I hope the docs can help you soon.

• Posted

Hi Ashley, do you get frequent diarrea too - particularly during or straight after eating? if so, does it give you a regularly sore rectum/anus? sorry for all the intimate questions, but wondering if you have bile acid malabsorption. x
    • Posted

Yes i do get diarrhea right after i eat and it givea me really bad stomach pain and it burns when i go
    • Posted

Ashely, there is a common condition that people with bowel conditions get called bile acid malabsorption (bam). it's often overlooked because it mimics many other bowel conditions. you can even have this if your gb has been removed, as your body stil makes bile acid, the gb was just the "storage tank". if too much bile acid gets into the intestines it causes the symptoms you have. i have it & was diagnosed in may 2015. the meds i take for it make a huge difference quite quickly (like 2-3wks after starting). if you have a consultant ask them to consider this & send you for a "sehcat scan" to see if you have this condition. if you don't have a consultant, ask you gp. you can google it or have a look on wikipedia for more info. hope this helps. let us know how you get on on here. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.