Stomach ulcer?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I would really appreciate if people who have had or do have stomach ulcers could help me out?

3 years ago I had 10 months of acid reflux which made me feel nauseous all the time, constantly making gurgling noises, sleepless nights and stomach pains. After 10 months it stopped and I got on with my life, completely coming off all the medication I was on because of it.

This time last year it came back and again I was put on all sorts of medication but could never find any that could fully relieve my symptoms and I have given up completely so I'm currently not takin anything apart from prochlorperazine for nausea.

Most of the symptoms calmed for a while but now they are different.

I'm still getting the heartburn and making gargling noises but the stomach pain has now turned in to a dull ache which I get after eating and shortly after eating I am absolutely starving (or so I think I am). The hunger type pangs keep me awake at night and that's when my acid reflux is worse.

Could someone please tell me if this indicates I have an ulcer as my acid reflex was incorrectly treated/untreated?

I'm getting really concerned and I don't trust my doctor to do the right thing as they just keep fobbing me off with tablets that don't seem to work.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

have you tried probiotics/prebiotics? also have you tried Digestive Enzymes? Doctors dont openly think to recommend these things because they are natural things that should be in our digestive system if we ate lots of fruits, veggies etc. but these days we tend to eat alot of processed foods so we dont get these things naturally anymore. 
  • Posted

oh and yes i have had deudenal ulcers, H-pylori bacteria positive which is what they say causes ulcers. i had gastroparisis and i have gastritis

• Posted

Hi charlotte11694

You have classic symptoms of HPylori ask your doc to be tested for it..It can be tested via stool test, breath test, endoscopy or blood test. I think a breath test is best because if HPylori is present certain chemicals are produced in the gut and can be detected in a breath test.... its not as invasive as an endoscopy. Stool tests are quite reliable to test for it but blood tests do not always pick it up........best wishes....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.