Stopping with minimal symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone successfully withdrawn without all the horrific withdrawal symptoms? What did you do? I e head omega 3 and Benadryl help. I'd like to discontinue but I have two smal children and a job I can't take off from! I'm terrified!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI, I think I have after about 6 months on 37.5, I started to take them every second day for a period, then every 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, etc. I then started to only take when I needed to - 10th day seemed to be norm for a few weeks and then 12th day and then only when really needed them. HOwever, when things got really bad I just took one to help me move on to the next stage.  I am now in my first month without any. I did take the benedryl and felt that helped whether psychologically or not, I don't care. I also took multivitamins and made sure that I drank loads of fizzy water - I don't like still. I also found that fresh orange and lemonade helped freshen my mouth. I had a couple of really tearful and 'woe is me' weeks but since then I have had the odd sad day but nothing worth thinking about. I took the advice of others on this site and took up yoga/tai chi and went for walks. Hope that helps.

• Posted

Hi kutiebug! I think tapering down as slowly as you can is your best plan over a number of months, I was given diazepam for panic and zopiclone for a few weeks for sleeping. Some people take beads out to taper down slowly, however I could take time off and I tapered from 37.5 but the week when you stop this it's no walk in the park, could a friend/partner/relative help for a few days when you are off work? You will need to rest a few days, best of luck to you as it's not easy but so worth it!!xxx

• Posted

What mg are you now on?
    • Posted

It's still early days to be thinking about coming off though isn't it?

Maybe if you feel able you could reduce to 75mg. But hopefully you have a supportive Dr and family.

I'm at 60mg now. Any less and I'm in meltdown. But I was on 150mg for many years. X

• Posted

I was on 75mg since April. I just sweat all the time like unbearable sweat and it's disgusting. I'm going to see a psychiatrist in sept to see what they think. My GP prescribed the ven but said if this didn't work he would recommend I see someone else bc his know leg is more limited then a psych. I guess I'll wait until then. Just reading all the hotel stories scares me!

• Posted

Sweating is most certainly a horrible side effect for some. It's enough to make you want to try something different. You shouldn't have to put up with this but you could try reducing the amount to see if it improves. X

• Posted

Sweating is most certainly a horrible side effect for some. It's enough to make you want to try something different. You shouldn't have to put up with this but you could try reducing the amount to see if it improves. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.