strange feeling in mouth/Burning mouth?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am wondering,(since dental work) was seen at maxifacial dept,and told could be Burning mouth?  but was wondering,when Burning pain eases,I get sensations like a tooth/teeth are rubbing into side cheek,(and like a squashed feeling ) and sometimes like a lump feeling under top lip,which comes/goes,   Ive seen on forums,some people have had teeth capped,but makes no difference,so are these sensations symptoms of burning mouth?   and mine are only one sided(my left side of mouth) I dont seem to have much information on this from dental dept. I thought burning mouth was just a burning pain?  do anybody else have these other symtoms?  and any luck with treatment?  Thanks Jayne, (whos trying to be positive,but fed up)

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

See your derm have a culture taken for yeast. It is what I get every time I take antibiotics, eat lots of yogurt and pro/probiotics.
  • Posted

Sorry to say this nightmare isn't going to end anytime soon. The burning is one thing the sensation are another. I have done it all nothing worked. I am at a point where I don't Evan know what dr to see next. I live with this twenty four hours. I keep hoping someone will come up with something 

• Posted

Hi, apart from the Burning,what other sensations do you get?  and was told if mouthwash/gel dont work,could try amytryptyline,but this could cause dry mouth,they told me, I think next appointment will be last one,has I feel from last visit,there dont seem to be a lot they can do for this condition,and then looks like will have to live with it,until some cure found. Thanks Jayne.
  • Posted

The sensation vary. Sometimes my tongue feels like mush. Sometimes the roof of my mouth is involve. I believe my nurapathy was caused by a biopsy. The Ent created nerve damage. I have been on nurotripaline, chlonapin, lyraca, currently taking pramapexsol they use it for restless leg syndrome sand parkason disease. Nothing works. I have don low level Laser, acupuncture. Alpha lapoic acid. My tongue swells. It is extremely inflamed. But the dr. Say it's normal. Good luck, you will get dismissed by all the drs. They can't fix you so they don't want to be bothered. I live in northeast Phila. If you find something that works please let me know. I hope you are more fortunate than me. This gets worse by the day. The only thing that helps with sensations is chewing xylitol gum. I chew gum 24 hours a day. Good luck, if you have any questions feel free to ask me

• Posted

Hi, I'm 43 female. My burning mouth condition has started slowly after I stopped breastfeeding. Have seen ENT DOCTOR just in case if it's Cancer just before Christmas. I have noticed that it gets better at night and gets bad during a day. Since September it's got easier. My mouth Doctor on the 3 of April! !! Anyway try chewing gum it works for me. Thanks to this forum! I didn't believe when the ladies recommend it. I'm with that horrible burning mouth since September 😕 I believe it will just go one day.

Blessings

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.