Strange Headache

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been dealing with a weird headache for about two weeks now. It comes and goes but is typically always at least a little present. Physical strain of any kind seems to worsen it but only for as long as I strain myself. It feels like a sharp stab on the left side of my head above my temple and behind my face.

I went and got a CAT scan but the docs seemed bothered by me wanting to get it checked out so I hope they actually looked at the results accurately. They say it's a migraine but I'm doubtful. Thank you!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Migraine is blamed for most head pains that come and go at differing times, and rightly so, most head pain is migraine.

However if it is brought on by exertion then it should be investigated further.

Mike.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply!

It isn't brought on by exertion. It is however worsened by it. It's primarily a dull headache with sharp, intense bursts of pain that last for a few seconds at most.

I went and got a CAT scan about a week ago and they assured me I was fine but this has been going on for two weeks now and it's frustrating and causing some anxiety to be frank.

• Posted

I should add that I am a 20 year old male who lifts weights and runs very frequently. So I am young and in great physical shape so that rules out a few things this could be.

I also have been getting vertigo from time to time..which makes me remember a middle ear infection I had a few years back. Is it possible for a middle ear infection to not hurt the ears at all but cause stabbing headaches?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.