Strange Leg Sensation And Tinnitus.

Posted , 5 users are following.

For a while now, sometimes while I'm in bed, I get this bizarre feeling/sensation in my legs. It only lasts for a few seconds but it's almost like a mild shock that runs down them as if my legs and body are on alert. Sometimes it happens if I'm restless or have a lie in, again as if my legs are trying to get me up. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I've had the ringing in my ears on and off for a few weeks now and I was wondering if anyone hear could relate to that too?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have both of these symptoms and believe me they will pass. I have tinnitus on and off. Presently i am experiencing it along with restless legs almost like growing pains.

You are not alone!

• Posted

I feel shocking at the moment and I'm scared because these are also symptoms of Anaemia. My Mirena Coil stopped my periods so if I have it, I don't know why. Thanks Toddpodd.

• Posted

Those electric shocks are caused by your fluctuating hormones. I've never had them but a friend did. Hopefully they'll settle down once you get through peri-menopause. My friend started using a little over the counter progesterone cream, and they stopped.

• Posted

It's bizarre because it feels like your legs are alive, from below the knee down to my shins. It only lasts for a few seconds at a time but it's horrible and interrupts your sleep. I see my doctor next week so I'll ask if I can have anything with progesterone in it. Maybe my Mirena Coil isn't releasing enough now. Cheers Cynthia.

• Posted

Hi BugglyBot, I had strange sensations in mine over time, like when I stretch them out after waking up unexplain feelings...just can't discribe sometimes to anyone some symptoms don't know how so I can relate what you are going through mine seems to come and go like everything else. 

THE JOYS OF MENO 

• Posted

You sound very similar to me Maria and yes, it is so hard to explain sometimes to others, unless they've experienced it themselves. Wouldn't it be lovely if our bodies just realised that we don't want babies at our age and that it would stop making us feel this way. Thank you Maria.

• Posted

Tinnitus for 9 months now and it's constant. Cope most of the time during the day but at night time when it's quiet it's driving me mad. Have had checks with ENT doc and he says I have rhinitis but apart from that there's nothing can be done about the tinnitus. I get very anxious and upset that I might be hearing these noises for the rest of my life.

• Posted

The Tinnitus has been has been for weeks now Tina, you must feel so frustrated after 9 months of it. I really do know how you feel and I'm sorry it's upsetting you too. Thank you and good luck. I hope it eases up for you soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.