Strange PIP questions

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went for my assessment 2 weeks ago and I was confused with what I was getting asked. She asked me to remember 3 words. Asked me to solve a math sum, and told me to take paper from her hand and fold it with a certain hand. I suffer with depression and anxiety and don't like to leave the house. Does anyone else suffer with what I do and was asked the same things on their PIP assessment ?? Because I don't really get why I was asked those questions??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Suffer the same ....i,m so distressed...did you do your own form ...strange questions..don,t see the relevance....
    • Posted

I did do my own form but someone went through it to make sure it was okay, they was I kinda think they want to do it to see how slow or fast you react or something I had no clue and couldn't remember as I had so much going on In My head then to remember 3 words!

• Posted

The Maths questions are standard same with words very odd about the

Paper I have pain in my hands which was brought up in the assessment

• Posted

I don't get why they ask that how would you know and be able to remember when your anxious and depressed? if your not able to answer or Remember does it add points in or something?

• Posted

?I had a major breakdown about 15 years ago and although I'm reasonably OK now, it has left me with some anxiety disorders.

I was asked the same questions, I remembered the items, but completly messed up on the maths question.  She handed me a piece of paper, I had to take it in one hand fold it with both hands and pass it back with the other hand, she said it was something to do with concentration. The paper was already folded, so I didn't need to do that.  

• Posted

I had similar tests which went on for over 5 hours spread over 2 days when the NHS was testing for brain damage & vascular dementia two years ago. I had to try to remember things, draw pictures, repeat things back etc etc.

Anyhow I passed or should say failed as they decided that I had altered/poor neuro skills caused by frontal lobe damage as well as early onset VD.

Maybe the questions mentioned by the poster are to test similar?

• Posted

I was asked to remember words but I totally forgot as I was feeling uncomfortable even being there. I was able to fold some of it but I forgot what hand to take it and pass it back.
  • Posted

I was asked to remember three words but couldn't.  I was also asked to spell a word backwards which I think I did correctly,  Silly if you ask me!

• Posted

Yes TCake,  that's just reminded me I was asked to spell WORLD backwards.  I did manage it, but I had to think about it.  

• Posted

Yes, I did it but I had to think about it for a few minutes!
    • Posted

She asked me that but I wasn't able to spell it backwords

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.