Strange symptoms after meals

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya....ive been having these weird symptoms for a while now. When ever i have a full meal i get these symptoms.....tiredness/lethargic/foggyness/ hot....these last for a few hours and start maybe 30mins after i have a meal.

I only get these symptoms if i have a full meal.....never from a snack.

What could this be?? Anyone else get these symptoms?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi vonniexx

Foods containing tryptophan incurs a rise in insulin that will make us drowsy.....whatever food you are consuming check if the contain tryptophan.....best wishes.....

• Posted

If you didn't feel the way you do after a full meal then you wouldn't be human. 

We all feel that way as blood is diverted to theheavy digestive function after such a volume of food intake.

• Posted

I personally dont think everyone feels ths way after a meal......as i do feel really unwell for a few hours after a meal..... I only had garlic bread and some beans lol.
    • Posted

Hi vonniexx

Beans contain tryptophan....if you consume too much tryptophan you can feel nauseas and tired......how much of the beans did you consume?...if too much maybe that was the cause of your problem.... you can still eat beans but cut down in future......smile

• Posted

Garlic and bread can be possible triggers too.  Try avoiding these foods or reducing your intake if them.  If you are experiencing problems after eating, it may be food related. Not everyone feels unwell after eating
  • Posted

personally Vonnie, i would see your doctor & get checked for diabetes to be on the safe side as this only happens when you eat a full meal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.