Strange symptoms with my headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was in MVA july 2013, had head and neck injury. Now I have headaches alot, they last for days, only have about 1 to 1/2 week per month headache free. I am on Neurotin and propranolol for them. When they start, the back of my head gets a warm to hot sensation, feels like it's melting, them BOOM! pain. Sometimes there is the warm/hot feeling then nausea. My scalp is sore afterwards, and most of the time it feels like a knife in my head. has anyone ever had this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get the hot burning pain you describe and it feels like hot liquid. Sometimes if I touch it, it burns!

Prescribed Gabapentin by the headache clinic and diagnosed with allodynia but seems to have made it worse!

• Posted

That's what I feel, like the back of my head is melting, my neurologist hasn't told me what it is, MRI showed white spots on the brain.
  • Posted

i'd recommend seeing your GP, if you haven't already. it's unlikely that it's the case, for you, but all my head pain issues stem from having had cerebro vascular surgery in 2012, after a subarachnoid haemorrhage. my subarach. began with what i'd describe as BOOM, massive pain accompanied by nausea. again, it's very unlikely to be what's causing your symptoms as what i experienced was a bit of a weird start for a subarach. but, better safe than sorry.

apologies for sounding so 'doom and gloom'.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.