Strange symptons. IBS or not?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

Well on Wednesday might went to gym whilsy already tired and over did it. Went home drunk protein and slept.

Felt so thirsty and tired and cold all of Thursday. Thought it was exhaustion or dehydration.

Friday felt better, so thought I had past it all. Friday evening delt fine.

Saturday morning passed a mixed poo, then started having yellow mucus run by itself out of my anus. I felt dehydrated again so drunk water, more water I drunk more mucus passes. Also have cough.

Sunday passes similar, but in evening night no mucus passes, hope it is improving. All saturday and sunday no more poo passes.

Monday I feel good, but a bit pressure for no poo, so go to poo, a fair bit comes out in one go, but hard to tell as in smaller pieces upon releasing. A little pale brown. Now continuing yellow mucus again and occasional small pieces of pale poo, similar mince I guess.

One of the problems is the yellow mucus discharge I can't control, it just comes out and seems to increase with water intake.

Sorry its disgusting to describe. But its started so suddenly and in an odd manor, I feel it can't be serious, can it?

Any advice or experience of these strange symptoms? Is it possible a gallstone?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Mucus and change of bowel habits can be IBS symptoms along with nausea ,stomach pain and food intolerance.  However, if symptoms continue, you should see your doctor for a diagnosis. He/she may recognise your symptoms or may run tests to rule out other conditions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.