Strangely hope it's Endo

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I've been posting in urology as I have been seeing a urologist but I'm erring on the side of gynaecology now. I've had a lot of symptoms going on, uncomfortable under right rib cage, burning groin, bladder and crawling sensation in my left hip. My left foot gets tingly and cold, flank pain and bad constipation turning to loose. I also am peeing blood the first two days of my period. I used to have really bad period pains but since the peeing blood started the period pains have stopped. Intercourse has been painful for a long time and I haven't entertained sex since the beginning of January as I peed blood straight after. I've just had CT scan today and had cystoscopy 4 weeks ago which found a small cluster of blood vessels which the urologist said are quite common but shouldn't be there. I'm back on Monday to see him for results of today and I am really hoping its endometriosis and nothing nastier. I'm stressed to the point I've been having sharp pains in my heart and just want to sleep constantly. Has anyone else had similar symptoms to me?

Thanks for listening 🙏🏻

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I could not say I've had similar symptoms however I have had symptoms of endometriosis for a long time and intercourse for me is actually impossible due to Vaginismus (another reason as to why I believe I may have endo) I have experienced chronic fatigue for the past few years so I can relate to the tiredness and the stress lead by pain in the chest. I would really like to find out how your doing and what your results are, like you- I am hoping for a diagnosis of Endometriosis and hoping it wont be anything worse or something that will require more testing and investigating etc to get a diagnosis. Best wishes and best of luck to you, please let us know what the outcome is. I will be thinking of you. X

• Posted

Thank you Laura for your reply. Who'd be a woman?! Are you under a gynaecologist yet or still going through docs? The worst part of all this is thinking the worst..it's actually worse than the symptoms. It's been a long 4 weeks since my cystoscopy and now have 4 days for consultation. I will definitely post my results, good or bad. Thanks for the wishes 🙂x

• Posted

Life as a male would have been much easier lol! I'm under a gynaecologist been seeing the same one on a regular basis since the age of 13, baffles me how progress has been so slow. I have no doubts that you've been very worried having had symptoms worse than endometriosis and I really feel for you that it's probably been on your mind so much and so often too. Lets hope that by the time you receive your results you will have some answers and that whatever it is will be manageable. I think the worse thing sometimes is tests coming back with nothing and then having to go down another route to then try and figure out what the issue is. I'm due a laparoscopy on 28th of this month and I do worry that if it doesn't come back positive for anything we'll spend years searching to find out what is what! Touch wood everything will be ok hun. Will be checking up on here to see how it all goes for you. Xx

• Posted

Not long to go now hun, remember to keep me updated. Thinking of you. Best wishes x
    • Posted

Hi

All is good with my CT scan results which has made me feel so much better. The urologist said that he is referring me on to gynaecologist as he thinks endometriosis could be the answer which is what I thought. He also said I have a bulky uterus so need that looked at as well. Anyways, after no sleep for days I'm sure I'll rest tonight! x

• Posted

Hi hun, great to hear all is good with scans. Definitely worth an appt with gynaecology to see if there is endometriosis, which may be the case...at least then you will have some answers. A bulky uterus? never heard of anything of the sort but then again, they'll be able to deal with that all once you've seen a decent gynae. I'm glad the results are all ok, what a blessing. Still it will be good to see what happens after referrall to gynae. Let me know, keep me updated. I haven't been on here for any other reason at the moment as im still awaiting my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy which is next tuesday! so i'm having sleepless nights at the moment. Hope your feeling a little less stressed now. Take care of yourself and hopefully speak soon. Xx

• Posted

Hey, thanks for your support! Yeah, bulky uterus sounds bizarre ha ha. Apparently it's a thing according to google. It'll be a few weeks before I get an appointment but I'll update when I find out. Let me know how you get on too please, take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.