Stress

Posted , 2 users are following.

Before  three monthes I give up smoking but from the day I quit smoking I am surrering from many conditions

My front muscles of neck are pain my throat is sour my whole body is tired 

i consulted a number of doctors including Ents also but nothing happen 

Now I am being advised to consult phycitric ,I don't know what to do 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How many cigarettes did you smoke per day?    These symptoms may be your body still withdrawing from nicotine.    If you are in UK,did you give up with help from a non smoking support group or by nicotine patches,or gum etc.  ?
    • Posted

I was smoking about cigarettes a day . From these three monthes my condition is very bad 

Pain in front muscles of neck 

Throat. Sour and      spondylitis  pains

Stomach. Pain and accumulation of acid and what not 

Endoscopy and some throat tests were don but nothing was 

found but still I am have sour throat and pain in the front of neck 

• Posted

You havent actually said how many cigarettes per day, but as you have had lots of investigations I am still thinking it is symptoms of withdrawal from nicotine. The more you smoked the more you will feel these symptoms.

You body is now trying to heal itself and any healing process can cause fatigue and unexplained aches and pains. The nicotine has affected all your body, and now your body is trying to adapt to exist without it.

Firstly you must get as much rest as possible. You also need to look at your diet and try to have a good balance in the type of food you are eating. try to only drink water during the day and plenty of it to help with the flushing out of the by products of the healing process. Dont drink alcohol or coffee. Your body may also be in a state of tension as the nicotine has now been withdrawn. This process can take several months,which is why it is always better to do it under medical supervision so that it is a gradual process. A gentle exercise regime can help..Just walking briskly for half hour per day is great. If you feel you can do more thats even better.      Take an antacid for the acid stomach. Gaviscon tablets are good.        

• Posted

I was smoking 10 cigarets a ten ,but I have seen a number of people quitting smoking but nothing happened to them 

I admit I am suffering from stress and depression but I have nothing to worry in my life all is well  

Please. Help

• Posted

Were you suffering stress and depression before you gave up smoking? or is this as a result of giving up?      Are you taking any anti depressant medication?
    • Posted

No I had no depression  before quitting , I was ok doing we'll  but now I am feeling stressed    Please help

• Posted

Dont compare yourself to others who gave up smoking and had no ill effects. Each person has a unique balance of chemicals and everyone reacts differently to nicotine and its withdrawal..    Is it possible your doctor could give you a mild antidepressant just to help you through this time?  It would lift your mood and take away the stress,so that you can get back to normal life.

Dont dismiss antidepressants as an aid..they can be very helpful . as i recommended before.....some exercise is a good way to get rid of stress.  I know it takes effort to get out walking but just 5 minutes of power walking will help tremendously. Start with 5 minutes and build up a few minutes a day to half hour. Dont worry if you are out of breath at first......thats a good sign,you are breathing deeply,taking in oxygen.

• Posted

I am walking from many years everyday . And I have no problems with walking 

But last three monthes I am not ok 

1  Pain in front muscles of neck

2  Some irritation in the throat 

3.   Knee pain

4.   Stressed

If all this happens after quitting  I don't think anybody can

pLease help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.