stress & anxiety effecting band?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey there everyone!

Have any of you guys ever experienced or noticed your psycological state effecting your stomach, therefor you band?

I have been under serious stress and presure due to family issues and have admittedly been working far to much. Over the last 10 days ive been experiencing aches & pain all around my stomach, then down into my gut and arround the band/port site. I went to see my nurse and she explained that the band can become tighter with hormones, stess etc so to take a few weeks off work and try to chill out. Since ive taken time off, the pain has goten better and better smile 

Just wondered if anyone else feels like anxioty and stess makes there band tighter ot more painful? 

thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

whilst i personally have not experienced this I have heard of other bandsters who have been affected by stress and the tightening of their band - so hopefully the time of work and the chillout time will help you get back to normal soon  
  • Posted

i really was so paniked and paranoid that Ide done something really bad to it like a slipage or something. So glad its as simple as stop getting stressed lol! 
  • Posted

Hi, yes I have experienced this. When stressed or worried, my band feels very much tighter. There's not a lot I can but try to relax a bit before eating.
    • Posted

Thank you, its reasuring to know other feel the same smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.