stress incontinence

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, im only 17 years old and i think im experiencing stress incontinence. I have random urine leakages even when im not coughing or sneezing. I dont have any bladder controll issues either. Im really afraid to go through any kind of surgery! is there anything else i can do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI,

You sound too young to undergo surgery for this & suggest you try pelvic floor exercises on a daily basis. A good Physiotherapist can tell you how to do them or 'google it'.

I've been doing them for years after the birth of my son & they have helped, however am now going to have the surgery as am in my 40's & it's getting worse.

Worth a try but to see any results takes weeks not days!

Good luck.

• Posted

hi, I know this is an old post but I'm just wondering if you ever found an outcome or solution to this? I'm only 22 and experiencing something very similar, it's very frustrating and im yet to get any answers sad I hope you managed to find a solution!!
    • Posted

Hi there!

Stress incontinence is so common in young women, and women in general, that researchers have found a number of ways to treat it. There are tons of holistic options like kegels, have you heard of kegels? It's a training exercise to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, and while your exercising no one can even notice! Here's a simple guide on to how to practice kegels - http://ss1.us/a/20lt6cmG. The reason I mention kegels so much is because so many women have seen significant improvement in their SUI after doing them. Some have even seen the urinary incontinence symptoms disappear, but that's not a gurantee. It is a possibility though, and it seems like your urinary incontinence is relatively light. You may benefit from a light absorbent pad in the meantime while you are looking for treatments. There are a ton of holistic treatments available for stress incontinence, I'll give you this link to another basic guide for other treatments - http://ss1.us/a/RUnh9fMR. A lot of people benefit from simple diet change and certain behavioral modifications.

In any case, don't be afraid to speak out! SUI is sooo common in women. Almost every woman experiences urinary incontinence at one point in their life. You should talk to a doctor though in case your SUI is a symptom of something more serious.

Hope this helps and good luck!

• Posted

Hi there!

Stress incontinence is so common in young women, and women in general, that researchers have found a number of ways to treat it. There are tons of holistic options like kegels, have you heard of kegels? It's a training exercise to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, and while your exercising no one can even notice! Here's a simple guide on to how to practice kegels - http://ss1.us/a/20lt6cmG. The reason I mention kegels so much is because so many women have seen significant improvement in their SUI after doing them. Some have even seen the urinary incontinence symptoms disappear, but that's not a gurantee. It is a possibility though, and it seems like your urinary incontinence is relatively light. You may benefit from a light absorbent pad in the meantime while you are looking for treatments. There are a ton of holistic treatments available for stress incontinence, I'll give you this link to another basic guide for other treatments - http://ss1.us/a/RUnh9fMR. A lot of people benefit from simple diet change and certain behavioral modifications.

In any case, don't be afraid to speak out! SUI is sooo common in women. Almost every woman experiences urinary incontinence at one point in their life. You should talk to a doctor though in case your SUI is a symptom of something more serious.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.