Stroke in October 2015. I can use limbs but cannot talk. My fingers and hands are always cold?

Posted , 4 users are following.

it wasn't always like this, just the past 2 weeks.  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

A year or two after my subarachnoid haemorrhage, I developed 'secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon', which has a weird effect on circulation to the extremities. I've been assuming that it's secondary to my having multiple sclerosis, perhaps it could be after my subarach?! Hopefully your cold fingers/toes will settle down, and go back to normal.
    • Posted

I need to check this out.  Never heard of Raynauds Phenomenon.
  • Posted

Are you attending a stroke rehab hospital as an outpatient?
    • Posted

No, I was really lucky, my outcome was really good. The medical team did all the right things and, with a huge dollop of luck, I came out the other end reasonably unscathed. It did propel my MS forward a few years and my memory isn't great now. The worst thing is, because they had to go into my brain, to clip the aneurysm, I have horrendous headaches, a VERY common aftereffect, apparently. How are you getting along?
    • Posted

I am getting speech therapy and occupational health at home.  Not sjure at the moment how long this will continue.  They are now planning on sending me to attend a commnication group once weekly at the Stroke Rehab centre.
  • Posted

Hi there :-), I had a Tia in December 2015, not too clued up on all the ins and outs of why/what happened but I'm wondering could it be the Meds? I've been feeling colder than I used to feel, I've put it down to the meds but not sure,good luck to you and I hope you soon feel better.
    • Posted

It might be worth your while to speak to a pharmacist about your questions. If you explain what's happening, why you're on your meds and what your concerns are, they're normally pretty good about putting the pieces together, allaying your concerns and/or giving guidance about possible solutions. Try checking out 'Raynaud's Phenomenon', it might sound sound like what's happening to you. As and when you see any kind of medics, it can prove helpful if you've jotted down any questions/problems or anything else, as I know just how easy it is to forget things and remember too late. It helps many of us to keep some kind of journal, as it can help to keep records, often for our own peace of mind,

Take care and as my Dad used to say "just keep on taking the tablets...!"

• Posted

Thanks Des,  I've made an appointment to go check it out.  It is a bit  difficult because I have can't talk clearly yet and my GP can be a bit brash, but a friend will be going with me to explain.
    • Posted

Did not think of doing this Wendie. I have now made an appt to see GP, but will pop into Chemist because the appt is not for a few days.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.