strong feeling of heart beat in chest at 80bpm ???

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am on propanalol for palpitations and high heart rate. with medicine my heart rate is under control but i still can feel my heart beating strongly in my left breast and center of chest without shortness of breathe but light headedness ?? what cud be it ?? anxiety or heart problem ?? my 24 hr ecg monitor picked up sinus tachycardia with some arrhythmia 15 days back.. m trying to convince myself that its anxiety but this strong heart beat is scaring me ?? can anyone please advise

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm also on propanolol 40mg 3 times a day for a fast heart rate and heart flutters, I've had 3 ecgs but picked nothing up, you mentioned there you have a strong heart beat, same here I will be Layed in bed and I can literally feel the bed shake with my heart beat.

Before I had my panic attacks I wasn't even aware of my heart beat where as Now I am very aware of it and my breathing as I have shortness of breath everyday to😞

But you mentioned you had a 24 hour ECG if it had picked nothing serious up the chances are in sure it's almost like anxiety in still getting my head round that anxiety can cause all these weird Symtoms without there been a physical illness in the background instead my therapist tells me to stop looking for answers and accept it as it is but I can't.

• Posted

thank u so much for listening to me .. i have had few ECGs but they were done in absence of these symptoms.. ALL NORMAL. my heart beat is so strong that i can feel myself shaking... its so annoying n scary.. m feeling like screaming😞 also i get chest pains for seconds that scares the hell out of me.

i am taking 40 mg propanalol twice a day.. i just can't sleep.. i really need some assurance. i cudnt find any therapist. i feel like i am stuck in a tunnel with no opening. even right now while typing i am shaking with my heart beat.. do u think its just anxiety ?? i am having hard time to believe that anxiety can cause this. i had heart echo 3 times with normal structure

• Posted

No problem you will find a few people on here with the same expieriences.

I often question the "what ifs" the "buts" "what if they have missed something".

I get the chest pains aswell for a couple of seconds but I think if there was a thing really wrong with our hearts the ecgs would of picked something up even if we wernt having the episodes while it was getting done im told it's a sensitive piece of kit. My mind has also questioned that "but wernt feeling something when the test was getting done" Our mind are powerful things.

I havnt had a heart echo done I'm going to ask for one though just to make sure and for reassurance but even then I think my mind won't believe it to be honest it's a vicious circle we are in once your trapped in it.

Yes I believe it can cause a thumping heart sensation I believe it can cause a lot of Symtoms. But in still trying to get my head round it all that anxiety can be so physical it's just bewildering if you ask me.

• Posted

thank you luke

i just can't thank u enough for reassurance.. its a huge relief after reading ur replies..

i wish you good health..

god bless u xx

• Posted

No problem at all Mandy, I wish you all the best!🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.