strugglin with an anxiety disorder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am jus not feeling well. Stomach pains chest pains feeling afraid and fear of death. It all started Nov 2014 when i came down with rapid breathing n heavy heart racing. Did all necessary test. All came normal.but i continue to be unwell to this day. Help me please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Relax keep calm I have the same as you I've had it for 9 years I find that breathing methods help a little bit best thing to do is keep calm and not panic when it happens I suffer panic attacks because I struggle to keep calm
    • Posted

I try my best to keep calm. But i really cant believe its anxiety. These symptoms i experience omg unbelievable. I take xanax but really its not working. Im fr Jamaica and this culture we r not use to this disorder. So its very hard.
  • Posted

Try breathing into a paper bag. It stabilizes your breathing.

Force yourself to do something that needs doing. At one point I couldn't even take the rubbish out because of the crippling anxiety.

I met little targets bit by bit and began to feel better but they will always be there. I look forward to the good days

• Posted

I try my best to stay focus n distract myself especially at work. I hope to get better soon this is crippling me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.