Struggling

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm drinking again. 1 bottle of white wine Thursday night, 2 bottles ystd. Now 3/4 of way through a bottle. Have to stop as got daughters graduation next Friday :-(

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Paper FaIry, don't be too hard on yoursElf.  How long were you sober?  

Susan x

• Posted

4 months then a 2 day binge. 2 months then a binge and another one.
  • Posted

Do you get along well with your daughter and does she know about your drinking?

if you can maybe just work toward being sober for 6 days,  one at a time,  just to know that you saw her graduate and remember it.

susan xx

• Posted

Where is your daughter graduating from Paper fairy?
    • Posted

hi there paper fairy how are you doing?  Hope your doing well.  get in touch if you need a helping hand
  • Posted

Thanks for replays. She lived with my alcoholism for a few years.
  • Posted

Hello paper fairy

Well done so far smile This is simply just another blip !! The pure fact that you have posted on here means how determined you are ! I have done exactly the same the last couple of weeks . I asked my daughter tonight to please help me the next few days in not drinking so much !

Keep posting on here for support and try your best to keep your drinking levels to a minimum . You can do it smile

Take good care xx

• Posted

Not so easy to cope with it seems and I suggest to rethink it all...perhaps less wine the next few days and then do the graduation on Friday feeling great?
  • Posted

I agree with Robin smile Just try your best to drink less paper fairy the next few days

I'm doing it with you smile

You can do it xx

• Posted

My son got married a few weeks ago and I told him not to worry I'd be sober and not let him down. Week before the wedding started drinking as I felt really anxious and couldn't sleep. Somehow or other I realised it was his big day and did I want to let him down. Sheer willpower got me through the five days leading up to the wedding without any alcohol at all. The hug and praise he gave me in my wedding finery will stay with me for ever. So paper fairy keep thinking of your daughter, be proud of her and enjoy her graduation sober. Not saying it will be easy as it was sheer hell, but after seeing the wedding photos with me sober and enjoying an important day gave me a huge sense of achievement. You can do it and be proud of her and yourself. I don't think I could forgive myself if I'd carried on drinking. Good luck and keep posting
    • Posted

Praise to Vicky Lou most certainly and well done! smile keep going
    • Posted

Thanks Robin for your kind words. The mere fact I achieved something has given me a buzz that no amount of alcohol has ever done. I've also got a grandson due in October which has given me a real incentive. Who'd want to leave their baby with someone who had a couple of glasses of wine most afternoons? Trust has to be earned and I want to be involved and help out.
    • Posted

Thank you so much vickylou for your post. It's helped me so much. Well done on your achievement and thanks for inspiring me to see sense !
    • Posted

I hope you remain ok. A graduation and weddings are major events in your child's life and should be happy occasions. In my case I kept repeating to myself son or drink every time I felt like a drink. It's a case of putting your kids before yourself. Not easy, but you can do it. Just think what an achievement. Honestly it's given me a huge buzz and I feel so much better when I think what could have happened. Keep posting and good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.