Struggling

Posted , 5 users are following.

So the darkness seems to be descending again and sadly I know the drill all too well, spent the last two weeks giving myself the good old kick up the backside but the past two days I've been over run with the doom and just can't shake it, wish I could !

I really hope I can hold on and not crash again as really do not have the strength and of course peoples patience wears thin, urgh so tired and stressed, would be great if I could stop the merry go round and get off for a while.

Sorry for sounding so self indulgent but just needed to get this out as hiding it is so exhausting and I hope it may help, thanks for reading xxxx

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

ive been struggling too but I do know that the dark cloud does lift eventually with the support of others. It's not the best advice when you're in the midst of it but I'm sending love n cyber hugs xx

• Posted

i feel the same way ive tried god ive tried to pick myself up but the past week ive hit a low ive been the doctors today for more mirtazipine and was given some sleeping tablets too im exausted i keep pushing myself to carry on but the push is getting more like a shuv ive not beenthis low for a while family send me the odd text asking how i am friends are non existant think they fed up of my moaning and they all have there own lives i dont know what to do anymore to make my self any better i know im losing it i hope you feel abit better soon always some1 here who can relate and will talk 
  • Posted

You don't sound self indulgent at all, you sound depressed and ill.

Do you think your meds need adjusting?  Perhaps it's time to see your doctor again, I think you should seek help of some sort.

In the meantime, please post here and get things off your chest....we are here to listen and understand just what you are saying.

Wish I could do more to help,

Pat xxx

• Posted

Hi you are not being self indulgent at all,  but I do hope it helps getting this off your chest.

The trouble with depression is it doesn't 'fit in' with the modern world with jobs,  relationships etc.   The rat race. 

It would be great if we could all stop the world sometimes and get off,  and rejoin when we are feeling up to it.  Sadly that's not the case is it?

We just have to soldier on with jobs and relationships suffering and do damage limitation. 

Do you think going back to your GP would help?  Maybe a change of meds or something?   If not all you can do is ride it out knowing it will go away again one day.  

Bev x

• Posted

Thank you all for your kind and supportive words, it means a lot that when you need to reach out there is a friendly ear :-)

Gill, I return your love and cyber hugs, great fully received and returned to you x

Steve, everything you say resonates with me at the mo and I wish you a quick and safe passage through what for the both of us a hell no one human being should suffer !

Stephaney, bev and pat, you all make the point of GP and yes I think now that maybe you all have a point, I have been on my meds of 40mg citalopram and 100mg quetiapine for 12 months and quite possibly need adjusting so looking to go back next week.

In the mean time my mood is still low and have the vicious negative mental mantra which I'm trying to ignore or challenge, back to work tomorrow so will see how that goes !

Love to all fellow travellers xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.