Subclinical hyper

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. My endo says I have subclinical hyperthyroid. I feel like I'm losing my mind. The anxiety consumes me and I worry about everything, one thing after another. I've never had a problem with anxiety until now. I feel depressed and overall crappy every day. Heart palps constant, irritable, and I am noticing mood swings as well. I don't know what to do and my endo says he wants me to repeat labs next month. I'm afraid I'll never get treated. Anyone else experiencing/experienced this? Can a slightly low tsh cause all this?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi kissofvanity

I was diagnosed with subclinical hyper myself due to graves disease and im also feeling like yourself. Currently not taking any meds myself but have waiting to see consultant for them to advise me on best course of action to treat or not to treat. Ive noticed taking vitamin supplements has helped me massively. I have mood swings, palps, heat intolerance, fatigue, lack of energy and weakness and irritability. My tsh is 0.03 but t3 and t4 slightly raised but not that much.

• Posted

Yes same here. I actually went to get my vitamin labs today to see if I'm deficient in anything and I think it could benefit my symptoms greatly if I am. What vitamins are you taking? I've heard magnesium and vitamin d are good.

• Posted

Thats good news i got mine taken and i was deficient in folic acid and about after 2 weeks of taking them i was feeling much better a lot more energy. Im actually only just taking vitamin c and b complex at the moment but thats just my own personal preference speak to your gp first as well as they might advise differently. I agree with linda about getting your antibodies tested i did mine and it came back 235 which they said was indicative of graves disease which is causing my hyperthyroidism
    • Posted

Hi, sorry your feeling not great at the moment. I just wanted to say dont give up hope on your endo...I had to wait 10 months for my appt, but I did get prescribed meds with a TSH of 0.03. I think alot of it depends whether you are symptomatic - which by the sounds of it you are. I also had the anxiety, heat intolerance, weight loss, irritability, palpatations, heart rate of 120bpm, blood pressure 148/96, shaking & generally feeling terrible! I was only prescribed 10mg Carbimazole daily - which Ive been told is a low dose as my T3 & T4 were not really affected. After 3 weeks, im beginning to feel like my old self again - I can sit down for half an hour, whilst theres washing up to be done & dont feel the need to do an entire house clean whilst screaming at my entire family with sweat dripping off me! The symptoms are horrible, the effect it has on you is horrible & I am by no means 100% but I think there is a tiny light appearing at the end of the tunnel....good luck & I hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I would ask your doc to check you for Hashimoto's thyroiditis with antibody check for TGAb and anti-TPO.  If you are positive for this, post your results and I will respond further.

• Posted

So far I've just had tsh, thyroxine t4, triiodothyronine, and thyroid stim immunoglobulin. 

• Posted

Hello,

There is no need to worry. I have hyperthroidism which have some serious symtoms, But in subclinical condition sysmtoms are mild, You have to perform TFT on monthly basis to see the progress with meds. So relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.