Success with Molluscum

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have 2 children that were diagnosed with Molluscum 3 weeks ago. I treated them with the Duofilm as advised by the Dr's. The Duofilm was burning their skin, making it turn white, but I saw no improvement.  During this time, I had their skin uncovered, and the Molluscum was spreading under umpits, legs, arms and stomach.  I felt very frustrated with the thought of waiting out 1-2 years for my kids to recover from this.  I decided to research online and found that Apple Cider Vinegar along with covering the spots to be very helpful and good success rates with this method.  So for a week I was deligent about showering  my children (at night), dried them (using a hairdryer/or air dry) washing their clothing daily and applying moistened cotton buds with apple cider vinegar on each individual spot. Lets just say there were alot of tears and frustration over 10 days of doing this as the skin was becoming raw with each change of bandaid/tape (I tried every bandaid and delicate tape out there!).  Plus this was very time consuming doing this morning and evening.  The Molluscum spots were staying about the same size, some were coming to a head where the white core was at the verge of coming out. It was very slow seeing improvements and I was having a hard time keeping this up!  After more research found another forum that suggested using Tea Tree oil.  Since then there was no turning back. In less than 24hrs of applying one drop of tea tree oil individually to each spot (new cotton each time) I saw amazing results. BTW: I left all the spots uncovered doing this, making me very nervous as I was worried about spreading them by not having them covered. The Molluscum that had been there for 2 weeks (smaller ones), were shrinking in size, the Mollusucum that was more mature, red with the white core (looking like it was ready to open) dried up and never broke.  Now it has been 3 days and I think I can pretty well say that my children are healing from this.  I am so thankful to the tea tree oil (Thursday Plantation, Australian Tee Tree Oil)!  Now this summer is looking more promising for us.  It has been stressful, tiring and challening for us all, but now we can see results. I just wanted to share this information with everyone going through this and I know how helpful discussion threads on Molluscum helped me.   

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Same experience here with the wart remover! No surprise that tea tree is among the ingredients. Yay, it's gone! I didn't cover either, just stayed clothed. Apple cider stunk. Oil is necessary for penetrating. There were many different fungus/virus fighting oils in the way Remover.

Now I'm going to try it on my toe fungus!

• Posted

Hi...How did you apply the 1 drop of tea tree oil?  Did you dilute it with anything or the straight oil just dropped on the spot?  How many times p/day did you use the tea tree oil?  I have used the apple cider vinegar, which turned some of the spots black but it's irritating his arm pit area which has several small ones.  I have applied tea tree oil (diluted on a q-tip w/water) all over his arm pit area...I do this in the morning & later in the afternoon and then use the apple cider vinegar cotton ball at night covered.  I'm not seeing any results in his arm pit area.

• Posted

Hi,

My 7 year old daughter was just  diagnosed Molluscum two months ago. She has it by her eyes and eye brow. I took her to see a dermatologist  to see what all they can do they wanted to freeze them but ended up not doing it because my daughter was to scared. My question is do u think this would be okay to use by her eye? It’s not right on her eye it’s like by her iner eye brow.i could take a picture for u.i could keep an eye on her to make sure that she dose not rude it . I just don’t kno what else to do. They r getting to the point that they r  bothering her to much.  Thanks!smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.