Sucessful Appeal Tribunal But No Word From DWP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone

I was here a while back regarding my partner's recent problems with PIP benefit.

We were successful at the tribunal appeal 3 weeks ago (January 24th). The Judge awarded us the required points and benefits were awarded until 2019.

However we have heard nothing from the DWP regarding this and wondered whether any knows whether that is normal.? We were expecting a letter from them with information about when the benefits will be reinstated, back payment details etc, but we haven't had any correspondence at all.

We had a letter from the tribunal board the next day after the appeal. Is it just a matter of waiting. I'm afraid to ring DWP and ask because I read somewhere here that could could give them cause to appeal the court's decision. Anyone with any insight I'd be most grateful to hear from you.

Many Thanks

Polly

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI Polly,

I think you need to ring the Tribunal and ask what's going on. They should have written to DWP. DWP have the same rights as we have to appeal this decision but the only way they can do this is if an error ib law was made regarding the decision. It's rare that DWP will try to appeal it but it can happen. If the tribunal say they've written to them then give DWP a ring. It's not unusal for DWP to be very slow in paying what they owe. Sometimes people are waiting up to 8 weeks so 3 weeks is no time. Hope you get payments soon, good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Thanks so much for the reply. Appreciate all the advice. Will give it a bit longer and then I'll give DWP a dreaded ring!!

Polly

• Posted

i think it can take up to week for things to get back to dwp all depends i had my tribunal hearing on 28 october last year  got all backdated payments from 14 november before i got the award my niece rang up for me as she deals with all this and the person said u would have heard from us within week of tribunal hearing if we were going to appeal thas what they did to me evey case diffent polly i hope u getit backed dated and payed soon so hopefully im not giving u wrong advice sure somone tekll u if im wrong in any way good luck
    • Posted

Thanks Ross, I appreciate your kind reply. Glad to hear you got all your entitlement too. I'll let you know how I get on.

Polly

• Posted

Hello Polly, It saddened me when I read that you are afraid to ring the DWP.  I understand the reason why you are afraid, but you won your case at the tribunal, so you are entitled to what benefit you will be receiving. It is good to hear that people are winning.

Mary.

• Posted

Thanks Mary. I'll let you all know how I get on

Polly

• Posted

Hello everyone

As promised I'm here with an update and it's good news

We have had benefit reinstated until Summer 2019 and outstanding arrears all backdated.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and support which was very much needed during this very stressful process.

Next step now is to "reapply" for carers allowance. Hopefully that will be straight forward.

Keep fighting everyone

Polly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.