SUDDEN EDGE TO SLEEP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Doctors, so I have paying attention to this for a while and last night was clear.

I have some stewed rice and fish, good portion, then went to bed later, woke up great.

In the morning I had two bagels with peanut butter, and butter, and then it happened.........FLIPMODE!!!........ sudden drop in energy so low I had to crash for a minute, couldn't even make some weekend events I had planned.

What is it in the bagel and other foods that do this to me. I mean I woke on my feet ready to go, all of a sudden I had to find a bed quickly.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Everyone's reaction to diabetes and food is different, some get tired/drowsy when suffering hypos, some get tired/drowsy when suffering hypos - use your meter!   

You don't say how long after the bagels you got tired.   Typically simple carbs tend to drive BGLs up quickly and then it will drop even quicker causing tiredness, drowsiness and so on.  Use your meter!

• Posted

I am a suffering from low blood sugar. I am forced to eat frequently or my blood sugar drops too low. I'm also suffer from high blood pressure. Now I got despondent. I used to exercise and go for walks but my blood sugar drops quickly.

• Posted

Rice turns to sugar and so does bagels. Perhaps a change in diet might help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.