Sudden hearing loss in right ear, now it's just popping constantly and I'm dizzy all the time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has felt this before. I was told to take a Z pack for pneumonia, and on my second day dose after taking it I got a sudden hearing loss in my right hear. Like, deafness then a loud ring. It seemed back to normal the next day but since then I've had dizziness ranging from mild to extreme and popping in both ears but more so on the right. My head feels like pressure/heavy and I have constant headaches and pain right under the ear itself leading down my neck.... It's pretty worriesome. If anyone has any experience with this/advice plz let me know. Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I would go to emergency and see an ENT or have your doctor book you in with one (which can take longer.) If you had sudden hearing loss which you don't think was just a blocked ear from a cold, then the ENT should see you within 24 hours. Not worth playing around with your hearing and your other symptoms need to be assessed. Dizziness is not a nice feeling. An ENT should get it sorted immediately and if not, get a second opinion. Good luck!!
  • Posted

Yes, get it checked. Possibly it is an infection, but as your balance is connected to this area, it needs to be adressed. It is a horrible sensation when you feel like you are on a boat, but you'r not. Good luck, but dont ignore it
  • Posted

Hi I.gomez just seen your  post  how you are feeling now I can relate to all your symptoms loss of balance feeling dizzy and woozy and the feeling going down to your neck. I was prescribed antibiotics a few weeks ago because of infection but that has now gone but I'm still getting the same horrible symptoms. Is there light at the end of the tunnel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.