Sudden Pain 11 weeks post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! I've never posted before but this just happened on a Friday afternoon when the doctors office is closed! I had a partial hysterectomy (took everything by my ovaries) using the Da Vinci method 11 week ago. So far everything has gone great and was released at 8 weeks to return to the normal routine. A few hours ago I got a sudden sharp pain about 4-5 inches above my belly button directly below my breast bone and it lasted for a few minutes it made me feel sick. When I went to the bathroom I was bleeding very red blood (I've not bleed at all really since the surgery). Although the bleeding has slowed down the pain is still lingering just not as severe as the original time. I'm not sure what to do if I call my doctor office they will say go to the ER which I would like to avoid. Has anyone else had this happen??

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Jennifer, can't tell you not to go to the ER.  You might have popped a stitch.  I did that at 6 weeks.  The ER doc told me that I shouldn't feel bad about going in because I needed to be seen.  You don't know what happened, so I think it would be best if a doctor sorted it.  Best of luck to you, and let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Thank you! I ended up in the ER then transferred to a bigger hospital for surgery to repair a tear in the vaginal cuff. I'm glad I went or it would have been worse!

• Posted

Hi Jennifer,

I'm so glad to hear from you!  Thank heavens you went to the ER! 

Please let me know how you get on!  I'm here for you! xx

• Posted

also if your worried been the weekend go to Er, i would i wouldnt leave it , incase internal bleeding , just go to put your mind at rest
  • Posted

Hello! I am 6 weeks post op. I am having pain in stomach and lower back, spotting, and  bad smell. Should i be worried?
    • Posted

hi im the same im having pain still in my tummie and bad back ache, im 5 week tomoz after my op, but dont know about the spotting as i had abdomonal incision not vagina way, its cause we are still heeling, if unsure go to doctors
    • Posted

I have been doing really well. I have been spotting a lot since surgery but no pain. Now there is pain. I have made a appt to see doctor tomorrow

• Posted

I'd suggest you go to the ER, the fact that there is a smell is really concerning to me.

• Posted

i renemder gone to my doctors with a fishy smell which last about a week , he said if there no discharge you dont have a infection, its whats left after the op, and that smell as gone now , hope itt doesnt cone back
    • Posted

also the spotting you can have a bit the sister said , you could have a infection so docs
    • Posted

I went to doctor friday and he said that my stitches was still there that i was healing slow. He wasnt worried about the spotting because it said it was from the stitches healing. He was worried about my pain so i had to get a ct scan so now waiting on results
    • Posted

Good that you went to the doctor and that he sorted some of it.  Please let us know what the scan reveals!

Best of luck! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.